Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black out blinds

Options
  • 07-01-2012 9:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where I can get some Sligo town for a good price

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,449 ✭✭✭nudger

Argos

• Registered Users Posts: 43,896 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Think I got some in Harry Corry before..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,534 ✭✭✭Radharc na Sleibhte

+1 harry corry
    Cut to size

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Thanks anyone know if its possible to get portable ones??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,896 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hobbitfeet wrote: »
    Thanks anyone know if its possible to get portable ones??
    Like... with wheels? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

Basq wrote: »

:D no one that I can maybe stick to the window or something its for a baby so would be good to have if we were going somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Basq wrote: »

:D no one that I can maybe stick to the window or something its for a baby so would be good to have if we were going somewhere
    Smyths sell those ones

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

tinfoil:D although people might think your mad. Portuguese neighbours used to have it done on their bed room windows said it blacked it out and kept the heat in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nugg

Best portable ones are called from black out blinds. Previously called baa baa blackout blind.
    I have got mine on internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 nugg

Post should have said gro blackout blind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭billbond4

Yeah tin foil is a handy substitute. I used it when I was in Finland and had unless curtains on my bedroom window

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

I've found Narins blinds good to deal with http://www.nairnblinds.com/

I agree with you about Nairns,couldnt praise them highly enough.I got our house kitted out with blinds last year and they are a very friendly and efficent store. BTW I dont work for them,just a very satisfied customer!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Brite_Cloud

Re. portable version (on the cheap)

Black bin-liners fixed on with thumb-tacks (for wooden window frames) or masking tape for UPVC/Aluminium frames.

More re-usable than tin-foil.

Or you could try the same method using Space Blanket type material from an outdoor-sports shop. This would stop the room getting too hot during the summer months, especially if the window is south-facing. Using black bin-liners in this situation would have the negative effect of absorbing the heat from the sun and increasing the room temperature.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I passed Nairns today, noticed they have an ad in the window for specials on black-out blinds.

Advertisement