Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone have slow UPC broadband in Crumlin?

• 07-01-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭

Looking like I'm only getting 2 meg down / 0.5 meg up and I should be on the 25 meg package. It's been like this for a few days now.....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

what results do you get from a speed test,
    try this one, http://speedtest.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Sorry for letting this one slip.

My download speeds according to that test are not too bad. Getting between 14 and 19 megs. Upload speed is not the best with around 0.5 - 0.6 megs.

Really shows up when I'm FTPing for instance. Just browsing through directories on the server can take ages. Or I was sending a newsletter out the other day and it was taking around 7 additional seconds per email on average (which sounds like nothing but consider 2500 emails). Normally takes around an hour and a half but took well in excess of 6 hours.

My torrent downloads are terrible. Getting full 2MB a second download one minute and 200KB the next (mostly staying between 100KB and 200KB a second).

Advertisement