Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodworm

• 07-01-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a DIY treatment for woodworm, just spotted their handywork in the attic, little feckers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,626 ✭✭✭✭looksee

While I am a great fan of diy, the attic is too sensitive an area of untreated wood to chance woodworm, I would vote for getting a professional job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 hamish262001

5 litre tin of protim in woodies etc and brush it on liberally use the brown stuff so you can see where you have been

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Be carefull of the fumes when using it in an attic space, also that Protim is like piss, make sure you use gloves as it does spray everywhere...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭dathi

get a cheep 5 liter weed sprayer in woodies and use it with the protem its handy to get into tight corners but make sure you buy a proper gas mask not a dust mask .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

dathi wrote: »
    get a cheep 5 liter weed sprayer in woodies and use it with the protem its handy to get into tight corners but make sure you buy a proper gas mask not a dust mask .

Have done this in past, the only problem with it is, you better get 10litres of protim as you will fly through it when spraying...

• Advertisement
Advertisement