Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film Studies question

Options
  • 07-01-2012 10:39pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Can anyone who has done any Film Studies modules tell me what the story generally is with film screening? Are they optional/easy enough to skip and just watch the film yourself at home? I really want to do the Film Style & Aesthetics module, but it's 3-6 on Fridays and there's no way I'll be able to stay that late.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

In Film Style & Aesthetics, Leon generally spends the lecture period explaining the workings of the film production process and the aesthetic significance of camera/mise en scene/sound/editing while using film clips as examples. Last year there were no real film screenings, as such, so I wouldn't advise skipping out on the lectures, if at all possible.
    That said, if you really want to do the module but can't stay for the full lecture, quite a few people leave early; you can still do well in the exam by reading what he puts up on blackboard and looking over past exam papers.
    If you need a hand with the essay feel free to send me a message and I can sort you out with some eBooks and whatnot. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Cheers, Scatterbrain.

So would you recommend the module then?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Scatterbrain

Yeah, definitely. I found it really interesting, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

From personal experience don't skip the lectures, yes you say you'll watch them at home but you more than likely won't.

Advertisement