Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tongue Piercing Has Become Sensitive?

Options
  • 07-01-2012 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Well I've had my tongue pierced since July with no problems at all until now. I have the flu about 3 days now and I ache all over - in my head, jaw, eyes, chest, nose and, as I've said, my tongue. I could only describe the pain as similar to when I first got the piercing. The pain is only around the piercing underneath my tongue and is totally fine on top. There is no swelling. I think this might have something to do with the flu with either the coughing or because I ache pretty much everywhere but I thought I'd ask for a second opinion just in case. So....is this normal? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sometimes if I'm sick my piercings can act up and feel sore too. Do one or two salt rinses each day like when you first got it done and then see how it feels when you get better. If it's still sore after then go see a piercer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I get that when I'm sick too, or extremely hungover :o, i put it down to a low immune system as once I'm better again, so is my tongue! I wouldn't worry too much!

Advertisement