Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else in South Dublin area want to play?

Options
  • 08-01-2012 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

It seems most Dublin based basketball teams are pretty far away from where I live, and to be honest I'm just looking for a regular game every week for some fun. I live around the Dun Laoghaire area and any games going seem to take place on evenings when I have work.

Would anyone be interested in getting something going around the area (maybe rent a court for the hour in Loughlinstown) on maybe a Monday or Tuesday evening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I don't know of any games in the Dun Laoghaire area but there's games going in both Ringsend : http://www.facebook.com/groups/173972555961507/ , and Bray : http://www.facebook.com/groups/200995453303368/ , check the FB pages for more details. Both are fairly casual in terms of skill and fitness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 DapperPete

Thanks very much. Sounds like something I'd be interested in, but I don't have facebook. Deleted my account a while back because it was doing my head in.
    Would you be able to message me details on here? Thanks very much!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Ringsend games are in Sportsco, usually Fridays at 7pm or 8pm, Sundays at 6pm or 7pm.
    We don't have a definite regular booking though, times change depending on numbers of people available, and if the hall is already booked or not.
    Usually someone will check availability and then everyone else chimes in on FB to say if they can play at that time or not.

I haven't played the Wednesday evening game in Bray yet, it is organised similarly on FB as the Ringsend games afaik.

Maybe you can just create a blank FB profile and sign up for bball only or something.

Advertisement