Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC EMS course

Options
  • 08-01-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi guys and gals..

Im looking into two courses at the moment (Pre paramedic-Inchicore fe and Fire and Emergency service course-SCD) I was wondering which would be a better course for the medical end of things.. I query this because on the F&E course it shows that it runs many courses outside of the college like emt and fire equipment courses etc but is allot more expensive.. though, you are PHECC qualified.. where as on the pre paramedic course it is cheaper... is quite detailed, but no emt cert is shown on it... if anyone could help me, especially if anyone was on the course.. it be excellent ... thank you

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

dont know much about them but I do know someone who done the pre paramedics course though it was a complete waste of time and just went and got this EMT few months later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭First Aid Ireland

What exactly do you want to get out of the course?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

miju wrote: »
    dont know much about them but I do know someone who done the pre paramedics course though it was a complete waste of time and just went and got this EMT few months later

This, I've heard bad things about the Inchichore course.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DublinRescuer

Heya,

Emm im looking for a good course that will give insight into the froontline services.,.. somethings that is recognised and i will be able to work on an ambulance with, you know??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭one2one

To be honest, you'd be better off just going straight into an EMT course.

The SCD one will only get you a FETAC level 5 certificate in Community & Health Services. The extra courses you do during the year include EFR, EMT, Fire Warden, and Manual Handling, all at an extra cost. So, in theory it's a good course that's spread out over the year, but putting cost and benefits first, your better off with just doing the EMT outside the college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Heya,

Emm im looking for a good course that will give insight into the froontline services.,.. somethings that is recognised and i will be able to work on an ambulance with, you know??

Off to your local voluntary ambulance and do an EMT privately

Advertisement