Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Combination of Courses 6/7 or 8?

Options
  • 08-01-2012 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

I have never been to University so I feel a bit lost on the website. I've got my CAO number and I've picked a list of 8 similar courses that I have a genuine interest in. However some of them are level 6/7 and some of them are level 8.

If my order of preference is like this for example...

Preferred Course 1-Level 7
    Preferred Course 2-Level 8
    Preferred Course 3-Level 7
    Preferred Course 4-Level 8
    Preferred Course 5-Level 7

..and so on. I have to enter Level 6/7 courses in a seperate section to level 8 courses. Will this mess up my personal order of preference or can I even apply for both as a mature student?

Maybe I need to take a break. All replies appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

..and so on. I have to enter Level 6/7 courses in a seperate section to level 8 courses. Will this mess up my personal order of preference or can I even apply for both as a mature student?

Hi OP,
    You can apply for both level 6/7 and level 8 courses as a mature student. It is also possible to receive 2 offers from CAO, one from the level 6/7 list and one from level 8. In this case you would just pick the offer you prefer. Just make sure you put the correct course code in the correct place and in your order of preference.

Hope this helps.

Advertisement