Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rusty stove

• 08-01-2012 1:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi,
    a friend has a small unknown make of stove with approx 5" flue. The flue and surrounding top of stove has started to rust. Does anybody have any idea why this would happen? The rust seems to be coming out through the stove top from inside but it is lit regularly and I can't see anywhere there might be any dampness.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Is he burning all sorts of crap including damp wood

• Registered Users Posts: 44 needthespace

Not that I'm aware of. Usually burns 2 years old turf "borrowed" from yours truely!
    The stove itself is the smallest one I have ever seen and probably the ugliest too:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Ha ha you said it there tell he to give it the gate and get a good one, god knows what its made of

• Registered Users Posts: 44 needthespace

Thanks 650gs,

I showed the owner this thread and I am now looking forward to getting an unknown ugly stove to heat up my workshop lol :D

Advertisement