Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

morso stove

• 08-01-2012 1:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi, does anybody have any experience of morso stoves? Particularly the S 50.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

We have a Squirrel 1430, we find it very good.
    The steel stoves don't hold the heat like cast iron stoves. Some of the modern style stoves have soapstone cladding to help with heat retention
    You could also look at Jydepeisen they have some nice models.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 needthespace

CJhaughey wrote: »
    We have a Squirrel 1430, we find it very good.
    The steel stoves don't hold the heat like cast iron stoves. Some of the modern style stoves have soapstone cladding to help with heat retention
    You could also look at Jydepeisen they have some nice models.

Do you mean the steel stoves go cold quickly if fire dies down? I have seen an S 50 in operation and it was hard to stand near it for long and was only burning two short logs at the time. Having said that, the owner knew I was coming to look at it and may have been up early to get the heat going!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Stove Fan

Do you mean the steel stoves go cold quickly if fire dies down? I have seen an S 50 in operation and it was hard to stand near it for long and was only burning two short logs at the time. Having said that, the owner knew I was coming to look at it and may have been up early to get the heat going!!

Hi Morso stoves have an excellent reputation for quality and function.

There is one owner review for the S50 http://www.whatstove.co.uk/morso-stoves/morso-s50.html

Steel stoves have the advantage as they start producing a good heat after 10 minutes and if your room has good insulation then the room will still be warm in the morning. I don't recommend overnight burning as it soots up the glass and chimney and burning only wood you can get creosote/tar forming in the flue if the air supply is totally closed.

Stove Fan:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Steel stoves heat up and cool down faster than cast iron.
    They hold the heat longer, for instance I filled our Morso Squirrel last night at half twelve and the stove still feels warm this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 needthespace

Thanks CJhaughey and Stove Fan for the good advice.

Regards
    Needthespace

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Diydangerous

Hi, does anybody have any experience of morso stoves? Particularly the S 50.
    Just wondering does anybody know a supplier for 'woodwarm' stoves in Ireland? Can only find one in Armagh and as I live on the west coast would prefer somewhere nearer to me!

Just wondering does anybody know a supplier for 'woodwarm' stoves in Ireland? Can only find one in Armagh and as I live on the west coast would prefer somewhere nearer to me!

There may be other dealers here but woodwarm only list three dealers. Galway, Cork and Dublin.

See:http://www.woodwarmstoves.co.uk/dealer-locator.ashx

Cheers stove fan... I was looking at Fire view 4.5kw and this appears to be what we are looking for. Is there any other make or model which you would consider comparable?

Cheers stove fan... I was looking at Fire view 4.5kw and this appears to be what we are looking for. Is there any other make or model which you would consider comparable?

Not off hand no:) Woodwarm has the same quality and better features as Clearview but a bit cheaper on price. Great stove. Woodwarm will be my next stove:). The nice thing about woodwarm is they work very well and have a good view of the fire and a double glazed door:). See youtube to see some burning:
    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=woodwarm+fireview
    You will love it. Woodwarm stoves get great reviews on www.whatstove.co.uk

It would seem to be alright! Thanks for the advice and will let you know how I get on!

• Advertisement
Advertisement