Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish Muaythai Council Team Event Scot Vs Ire

• 08-01-2012 3:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Siamdragon

Irish Muaythai Council First Team Event of 2012 to take place in Scotland 19th Febuary
    We would like to wish everyone who has been selected on the Irish Team very best of luck,
    Squad training for the Team will be held at Sjp Gym in Cork 27th 28th & 29th January

Andy Cairns v Sean Hodger SjP louth67 A
    Robert Burke v Stephan Hodger SjP louth64 A
    Wojtec Oleysk v Mike Harty 64 A Hanuman Galway
    Jay milne v Gavin Shehan 52 B SjP Cork
    Sean Mcdonald v Brian long 67 A SjP Cork The Rematch
    Karl Hodgers v Michael Russell 56-57kg A SjP louth
    Dub Buchanan v John Mc clafferty B Waterford Thai
    Ross Cochrane v Dave Phelan 56 B Waterford Thai
    Raymond Woodcock v James Cummins 62 B Waterford Thai

The Next Irish Team Event will take Place in Poland March 11th 2012 full details to follow very Shortly,

Craig O’Flynn
    Irish Muaythai Council

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Eddy L

Good luck with this,last time it did not fair out to well for the Irish team the Scots handed out a whooping.

Where will the polish event be held.?

Also how come there are no Bridgestone,Chupasart fighters.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

haha I guess none of us were good enough to make the team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Siamdragon

This Team event between Ireland and Scotland has been going on for the past 3 years Celtic Cup with two events each year one held in Ireland and the other in Scotland each year which is a great event to show case talent both Irish and Scotish fighters
    Over these 6 events Ireland has won 4 and are the current holders of the Celtic Shield so I think the Irish Team record Speaks for its self
    As for why some other gym fighters are not on the Team, Irish team selection is a matter for the IMC and its Coaches, so This is a Question maybe you should be asking your Coach and if you don’t find the answer there maybe you are right your not good enough train hard and then a little harder and prove yourself in the ring then and only then maybe keyboard warriors might make it on a team Fighter Speak by there actions not WORDS

The Next IMC pro team Event is been held in Krakow Poland 11th March IMC team are in training already for this event and details will be posted up very Shortly

The IMC has Team Events in England, Scotland, Latvia Germany Russia and Thailand in 2012 all sanctioned under the IMC and the WMC
    Which is a great opportunity for all its fighters, Coaches, full credit to the IMC for all its hard work and Success

Craig O'Flynn

IMC/WMC

How is the selection process made?..Because to me it seem to be the same gyms all the time Sitjaipetch,Louth,Waterford and Hanuman(more or less all Sitjaiptch gyms).

The scots won the last show i seen it on axkickboxing,they won every fight apart from brian longs which was a draw.Its strange to think that no bridgestone or chupasart fighter has been considered or james oconnel who beat karl hodgers,pat hickey has also beaten dave phelan,robert mcgiven and karl hand who would be a 62kg choice.

To me this just cofirms my suspicion that the IMC is a one man organisation.

Eddy L wrote: »
    pat hickey has also beaten dave phelan

Just on this, when I fought Dave he was fighing 3kg above his normal fight weight. He is an excellent fighter and I would never make 56kg.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Because to me it seem to be

There's the first problem:rolleyes:
    To me this just cofirms my suspicion that the IMC is a one man organisation.

Oh God, more nonsense and you base your suspicion on what exactly seeing you're not in the IMC??:rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Louth,Waterford and Hanuman(more or less all Sitjaiptch gyms).

Your facts are up your backside again here. Waterford Muaythai is run by John and Liam Walsh and it is THEIR GYM. Mike Harty is MY fighter, I am his coach and trainer Craig is Mike's manager as he has far more and better contacts than I do which gives him more opportunities, something I think most fighters would prefer. All of the fighters you mention are all well worthy of selection but for someone on the outside, you seem to know more about fighter availabilty ie whether they may be committed to another show already or if they could be injured, but then that should never get in the way of a bit of IMC mudslinging should it??:rolleyes: And I suppose this is "supporting" Irish fighters, is it??

• Registered Users Posts: 10 stephen louth thai

there always seems to be someone on here with a problem about the council or the dealings of the council . .if you dont like whats been said then piss off and write up on some other trend that concerns you .

as for why james o connell isint fighting in karls place james fights billy hatton on the 12th of feb in england and rob mcgivern is still in thailand if im not mistaken .

also the reason why we are all on this show and not some of the other gyms fighters is every year craig brings over john craig and johns fighters for his show and john repays the favor by doing the same for us .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

My fighters aint going cos their ****e, and I would be embarrased to have them fight outside Dublin 12 :)

Carl hand... please Eddy L both you and pat hickey have mentioned him on here recently.... if anyone else mentions him I will flip:mad:

Also polish fights are in Kalisz a city in Poland not Krakow the capital

paddy

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 573 ✭✭✭chprt

syedqurat... I hope your agreeing with my comment that Kalisz is a city in Poland.

www.onlinemathsgrinds.ie

there always seems to be someone on here with a problem about the council or the dealings of the council . .if you dont like whats been said then piss off and write up on some other trend that concerns you .

Ah in fairness Stephen this is a discussion board. If a subject is presented for discussion you can hardly blame Eddie for discussing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Keep things civil please lads. Any more swearing at other posters and I'm gonna have to start handing out infractions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

If a subject is presented for discussion you can hardly blame Eddie for discussing it.

Pat, are you honestly trying to tell me he doesn't have an agenda whenever there are IMC topics on this forum??

No not at all Dave. Its very obvious Eddie has strong opinions where the IMC are concerned.

All I was saying is that this is a discussion board, if a subject is posted here then its an invitation to discuss it.

That said the discussion has all gotten a bit too political for my tastes so I'll leave you all to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭j walsh

Ok it's clear that Eddy L has an agenda alright but I'm posting this for anyone reading this who are neutral but might be swayed his his ridiculous claims.
    I ran a show in December and I had three of John Craig's fighters on it and he told me he was running a big show in Feb and was going to make it a Irish v's Scottish team and would try and return the favour, and he did putting three of my fighters on his show.
    Craig has also done this with John.

So it wasn't a case of better fighters not being picked on an Irish team. I hope this answers your supicions of the IMC being a one man organisation.:rolleyes:

The IMC always pick the best available fighters for all major international events, the first two that spring to mind this year are the four nations championships in the Birmingham NEC in May and the World Championships in September in Sept.
    I hope this clears up any doubts anyone would have.
    JW.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 CMT

Best of luck to the lads representing their country, which is what this thread is or should be about.

Ha Ha the rise of the foot soldiers.

I new joyce would be first up.

Look im not stupid and im sure the same goes for others in the sport
    in ireland.Any one form the outside reading this topic from the start
    would think this is a team of the top Irish Thaiboxers heading over to
    face a top Scottish team like what happens in the Amatuer boxing.

To me dave you have let the cat out of the bag there with saying craig
    is mikeys manager which must also mean he is the hodgers brothers to
    .For me this is a conflict of interest and obviously showing bias.this
    is one of the biggest reasons for my dislike of the IMC.

I mean they ban all there gyms from fighting aganist non IMC gyms and
    the other way around but allow paul norton fight cian cowley on a
    I.S.K.A sanctioned show.Jono bracken is fighting v ben forsyth from
    warriors gym now for an Irish I.S.K.A K1 title now thats hypocritical
    and this comes from an organiston who say that Irish I.S.K.A
    thaiboxing titles are not real titles because there not santioned by
    the WMC and hand made by buddist monks in a temple some where in
    thailand.

Look you can say what you want theres a click and craig has picked all
    his buddies yet again,and thats just wrong and like any organisation in our country from our goverment down corprupted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Denise SJP

Good Luck to all the Irish Lads fighting on this, all training hard and will do their talking in the ring! We be there supporting ye.

Eddie L you have some neck disrespecting top Muaythai instructor in Ireland who have done so much for this Sport and are Know and well respected all over world, Who are you again ? What have you done? ……… You are NO Body and done nothing, I think you are just a little Jealous and feeling a little left out, you can’t make the Team … Poor you

Lads this Post is about the Irish Team and its Fighter, if you want to wise them well or ask any Questions on the Team please post here and thanks for the Support, if anyone wants to ask question about the IMC also feel to contact me anytime but in Private as an open form is no place to discuss things regarding the Council,

Good luck to all the Team

Craig O'Flynn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭gregmarah

Good luck to the irish team in scotland , they are representing all of us. some people talk some ****e with there negativity

Im counting the days down to this go team ireland its going to be like italia 90 fever all over again.

Good luck to the Kaiser and his team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CopOXfetMGs

we be dancing on the streets when yous win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 CMT

Good support going to this one. Good luck to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭gregmarah

Best of luck to all the lads who are fighting this weekend in Scotland. Theres a very strong team heading over. Do us proud lads

Irealand Vs Scotland Results

Gavin Sheehan, Sjp Won Great match for Gavin who fought like a real Star aged only just 17 Gavin will defiantly be one to watch over the next few years as he is really starting to grow and become a Top class Irish fighter to watch out for Now 4 nations and now Celt Cup Junior Champion

Stephen Hodgers, Sjp Louth Won David Phelan, Waterford Thai Won ko and Real War of a fight with both Fighters getting Counts Early and Dave finally landing the ko to win

John McClafferty Waterford Thai Won (ko), Great win for John very relaxed and strong Brian Long Sjp Won. Another tough hard fought match for Brian against the UKMF Champion which was fought to the last min by both fighters,
    Karl Hodger Sjp Louth Draw

Sean Hodgers Sjp Louth drew, Good Fight due to a cut earlier on in the match Sean had to play this one Safe, not to have the fight stop on a cut so had to just keep the fight on the outside and pick away to Score with out mixing it up this is a fight I think Sean won but judges where swayed by the cut and blood to male it a draw

Mike Harty Hanuman Sjp Lose this fight? it was a very technical fight which I think the judges got the wrong decision on Mike fought great and did everything right and deserved the Win Mike did everything right to stop his opponents advanced but again the Judges were swayed by the more aggressive fighter instead of the technical fighter who scored well on the back foot

James Cummins lost. It was shaping up to be a nice contest until James got caught badly by some heavy punches a learning Curb for the new fighter which will only make him stronger and better in time

Over all a great day at the office regardless of results and decisions all the fighters fought great and gave 110 % it was a nice Team of some great talented fighters who did Ireland Proud, I want to Say Thanks to John Craig and the SMTC and the Scottish People who always make us feel very welcome, always give us Irish Great support win or lose, Ireland retains the Celtic Shield again this Season so roll on the new season where I know the Scots will be out in Force to get revenge

Thanks to all the IMC for there support with is event

Advertisement