Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to run 2 active soldiers in battlelog??? (PC + 360)

Options
  • 08-01-2012 3:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭

hiya lads.

let me start with, in the beginning, i had nothing against origin, but its trying to make me hate it.:(

where do i start?:confused:

i created a "master" account with EA. happy days. i was able to register my PC GT (Tea1023) without a hitch. battlelog is tracking it. (though i dont play on PC at all cause ive apparently become terrible at PC FPS since i started on the 360 a few years ago.:o:o)

built up some time on the 360, GT: Tea1023, and i wanted to see my progress outside of BF3's useless tracking stuff (god why do we even need battlelog:confused::confused:), so apparently ive to add the xbox to my EA account. grand. it confirms that ive got BF3 registered under both platforms.

go back to battlelog, but there is no button to add a second "active soldier" anywhere???

nothing under edit profile or anything???

so i go to re sign up for battlelog with my xbox 360 email adress thats assigned to my GT.
    "We noticed that you do not have an EA Master ID yet! Let's create one for you."

why yes, i do!:mad:
    then EA being useless again, there is no option but to create a new ID. should i? i just want them merged together if you know what i mean. sure my 360 GT is already associated with my master EA account already, how does it not pick that up? i imagine itll break more things if i try to reuse my GT.

aaarg!

sorry for being so long. does anyone have any advice>?

also, is there a clan on here that plays late at night and early afternoons? my work schedule means i only get to play after 1am ¬ish but id love to play as a real team!! add me on 360 please, im not that bad i swear! (Tea1023)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

small update, i tried signing in with my xbox email address (which is different to my PC one), without creating a new master EA account, and i get this message (see screencap)

well done EA you bunch of *****

worse still, if i do a "search for soldiers" of Tea1023, all i get is my PC version guy (dont judge me on his stats!!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Thats weird, I added my Xbox GT to my EA ID and my Xbox GT was automatically added into Battlelog. You should just be able to sign in as your main EA account with the PC soldier and the Xbox soldier should be there on your profile page. It might take a few hours to come through though.

thanks for the reply. I created my main EA account a few weeks ago and added both my platforms within a day or two, I just got around to complaining about it now, so I don't think that's the issue.

ill post screen shots of all my accounts in a bit.

for the record, I sign in on battle log with my main account.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

They should both be up on it then. Contact EA chat support they should be able to sort it out for you. Their handy for things like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have one for PS3 and PC no problems.

They have been linked together years tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

I had a PC account initially and then decided to buy bf3 for the xbox (decided against upgrading PC for now).
    Battlelog information started showing up for the Xbox account fairly quickly in Origin and in-game. I didn't actually do anything for this to start happening. The only way I see how this happened is because i'm using the same associated e-mail address in Xbox live and EA/PC accounts.
    Maybe yours is different?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Tea see if you can change your origin acc email to your xbox acc email (I can't check atm as I've no internet) if that doesn't work your gonna have to contact ea and get them merged

so after 3 hour of waiting, and a few disconnects, the chat session finally opened instead of stalling at "4 min remaining"

i think my chat log should be read instead of me explaining my frustration.. sorry for its length.

ill just link cause im not sure how big the pics are. they're all 1* conversation though broken into parts.

Advertisement