Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anybody heard of this

Options
  • 08-01-2012 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭

Just bought myself a cree xmlt6 1300 lumens lamp any was wondering what peoples thoughts were on this lamp cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭robbie mars

Take it nobody has any views then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

What's your take on them,
    Have you used it much since getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭iTom

I just happen to see one over the weekend and look the same as a Led Lenser or Tracer Ledray. Did not like the spot on them and would not think the would be as good as the Led Lenser. The come with one re-charge battery and and I have never seen a charger to suit them.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭czgalway

i got a flashmax x950 on ebay its 1200 lumens with two rechargeable batteries have to say its some job for the money can pick up eyes from 300 yards and batteries last ages its prob the the same crack as yours its a cree led light with 5 leds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

czgalway wrote: »
    i got a flashmax x950 on ebay its 1200 lumens with two rechargeable batteries have to say its some job for the money can pick up eyes from 300 yards and batteries last ages its prob the the same crack as yours its a cree led light with 5 leds

Found them on ebay for around £45 - £55. that wouldn't be a bad price if they were up to the job
    Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭moby30

Does anyone know if there is a difference between manufacturers or countries when it comes to "Lumens". The reason I asked is I often come accross torches which claim to be of a certain power yet one with less than half the power is far brighter? I was looking at a cree torch yesterday which claims to be 4500 Lumens with a beam over 1km long and for only $120. I have used the Led Lenser x21r which is 1600 Lumens and we could easily make out targets over 500 yards with it. but as a bit of a gadget freak id really be interested in that cree torch both for the power and the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

moby30 wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there is a difference between manufacturers or countries when it comes to "Lumens". The reason I asked is I often come accross torches which claim to be of a certain power yet one with less than half the power is far brighter? I was looking at a cree torch yesterday which claims to be 4500 Lumens with a beam over 1km long and for only $120. I have used the Led Lenser x21r which is 1600 Lumens and we could easily make out targets over 500 yards with it. but as a bit of a gadget freak id really be interested in that cree torch both for the power and the price.

Paper never refused Ink Moby.
    I'd be impressed with Led Lenser doing as advertised, but often these Chinese Via Ebay USA stuff turns out to be crud.

Absolutely brilliant seeing eyes out past 500 got it by chance was in a last minute auction bid ended up getting it for 25.99 with two rechargable batteries and charger and it lasts all night on a full charge it has five settings for light i have an led ray and it out shines it and it cost me 90.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Absolutely brilliant seeing eyes out past 500 got it by chance was in a last minute auction bid ended up getting it for 25.99 with two remarkable batteries and charger and it lasts all night on a full charge it has five settings for light i have an led ray and it out shines it and it cost me 90.00

What range finder do you use?

Its a bushnell one of the lads we shoot with uses it haven't got one of my own yet ill wait till i get my 223 and tell herself that it came with it lol

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 506 ✭✭✭moby30

You can't go wrong for 25 euros for something that powerful. Best of luck with it.

I got two rechargable batterys charger and a pouch aswell

looks just like mine but mine takes two batteries

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

how did you mount it there on the stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

garv123 wrote: »
    how did you mount it there on the stock?

x2

I too would like to know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Hunter21 wrote: »
    x2

I too would like to know.

looked attached to the bipod on a second look. looks cool though :cool::cool:

its fixed to the stock with rings from an old scope 30mm i think, the body of the torch is exactly 30mm and then screwed a small flat piece of metal like a dovetail to the stock so the torch can be removed with removing two allen keys
    prob not the job but it works and when shooting off hand standing up in field i can get into position then switch on the torch with my thumb without moving from my firing stance as the on button is on the end of the torch

Advertisement