Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there any social groups or clubs in SW donegal

Options
  • 08-01-2012 4:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to see if there is any social clubs in south west donegal, glenties -donegal town region for older people or people living on their own to join? I know a lady who is socially very isolated, shes lives alone and doesn't have any family around her. She is older lady in her 60s not 'granny' she doesn't like to be called 'old' she would more like the 'golden girls' type. She likes books, creative writting, arts and literature and crafts. I have searched the google and I didn't find anything at all only family rescource centres which don't have any courses or clubs only usually things focused on family and children but not much at all for people in their own and older people.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,383 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

donegal town womens group ??? not being female dont exactly know their remit

theres a creative writing group meeting somewhere as well

volunteer at st vincent de paul (assuming their not working)

check the notice boards in mary's simple simon and supervalu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭decembersun77

donegal town womens group ??? not being female dont exactly know their remit

theres a creative writing group meeting somewhere as well

volunteer at st vincent de paul (assuming their not working)

check the notice boards in mary's simple simon and supervalu

Thanks for writing back and thanks very much for telling me about that. Do you know how I get in contact with the group, have they got a number. I already registered her for volunteering with donegal volunteering centre and applied to places that needed for volunteers that she would be good at but they didn't follow up on it, they must'nt need volunteers, that was about 3 months ago now. Is there svp shop in donegal town?
    She has had a few health problems like arthritis so it wouldn't be physical or practical work. I think it's terrible that there is not a social club for people in every locality in Ireland. What are they suppose to be doing at home all day every day if your (a) retired or older (b) don't have any family around you (c)or unemployed (d) not in full health (e) on welfare or poor

i'll try and find out, SVP shop is down the road by the ulster bank building

pm sent with contact details

Advertisement