Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

i am old !!!

• 08-01-2012 5:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

im 26, and it seems im old (according to the youth of today- oh god even saying that i sound old!)

At my 18th my little sister (who was 13 ) told me i was so cool that i could drink legally

at my 21st the same sister informed me "i was pure old!"

I am now 26 and she is 21 - i bumped into her in a club last night, and she pulled me aside and said she didnt want me around her friends because i was "Old"

Now "Old" was the word she used!. I was out with my friends and had just bumped into her so not like i was following her , i had no intention of staying with her, all i said was "Hi" and she pulled me aside

Ugh and now i feel 70

:(

EDIT- i am a woman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

Score her friends.

That is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

Dirty old man, hanging around young girls like that. . .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What would she know, the pup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

haha old at 26, Sure 26 is the new 20, I also second score all her friends:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

policarp wrote: »
    Dirty old man, hanging around young girls like that. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Since when has 26 been considered old?? Don't fret you've plenty of years left in this mortal realm.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Whatever gramps, shouldn't you be in bed

He woke up 20 mins ago, only a couple of hours to mass so it's time to get the porridge on imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

She didn't want you around cos she was trollin for cock, not cos you are old. So don't worry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Seriously, you need to stop measuring yourself against your younger sister's judgements. it's a bit pathetic buddy. You're not old. You just aren't. but you've got bigger issues with self esteem, it seems. I'm 33 but I'm as comfortable around my 18 year old cousin, as i am 50-odd year old work colleagues.

Build a bridge dude.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

The-Rigger wrote: »
    He woke up 20 mins ago, only a couple of hours to mass so it's time to get the porridge on imo.

Might just have the full dinner, get a clear run at the day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

:mad: brats?

I must get that sarcasim beat outta ye

chucken1 wrote: »

Ah what's wrong. Sure I'm older than him.
    :eek:

chucken1 wrote: »

I'm only taking the piss because lots of people start these I feel old threads.
    You're old when you start feel drafts inside your own house I reckon :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭LighterGuy

im 26, and it seems im old (according to the youth of today- oh god even saying that i sound old!)

Op,
    Im 26 too.
    I know where you are coming from :) you cant help but feel you're not young anymore, Time is ticking, Years going by, what have you done, etc. Reality is we are still young blokes. Need some prospective? ask someone in their 40s about being 26 :)

When I was 18 me and others thought someone was old at 23. We were feckin' fools.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭chucken1

Ah what's wrong. Sure I'm older than him.
    :eek:

Stop leading him astray :mad::p

Teddy dont be listening to him ok :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

21 year old sister you say. Pic's or G.T.F.O.

Can't believe no one said this yet.

I'm 25:):D:P
    I dont really remember anything before the age of 10 so I'm sort of only really 15. Then I couldn't drink legally in pubs till I was 18 so I'm sort of only 7. I also had no money till I was about 21 so In that way I'm sort of only 4. :P:P:P

I dont really remember anything before the age of 10 so I'm sort of only really 15.

Really, that's kind of odd to me.

• Advertisement

Really, that's kind of odd to me.
    What's odd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

LighterGuy wrote: »
    Op,
    Im 26 too.
    I know where you are coming from :) you cant help but feel you're not young anymore, Time is ticking, Years going by, what have you done, etc. Reality is we are still young blokes. Need some prospective? ask someone in their 40s about being 26 :)

When I was 18 me and others thought someone was old at 23. We were feckin' fools.

TBH, I think anyone in their 40's with their head screwed on, would call yous a bunch of sad fcuks for worrying about it. Because honestly. Most 40-odd's I know don't whinge about being old.

grow a pair, tbf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

a lot of people seem to say this, oh your 25 etc your getting old now, fcuking hell imho your not old till your on your pension :p

in all honesty, the people who think your old in your 20s/30s must have nothing on in their life, or else they grew up way too fast :rolleyes:

What's odd?

Not remembering before 10.

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    a lot of people seem to say this, oh your 25 etc your getting old now, fcuking hell imho your not old till your on your pension :p

in all honesty, the people who think your old in your 20s/30s must have nothing on in their life, or else they grew up way too fast :rolleyes:
    This is true but I suppose a lot of us make confuse being old with comparisons with being young. I remember being 15 and thinking at 25 I'd have my own house and all that. I was wrong:D:o
    But honestly at around the age of 22 I sort of matured and became a proper Adult. For example if there's a party for an Uncle or something I'd have only really mixed with cousins of a similar age. Now I sit down with them and have great craic. It's the same in a job I had where I got on best with a 41 year old.
    As long as you have your health and feel good is what's really important.

Not remembering before 10.
    Well I remember little blips but very little really. I know I loved 99% of my childhood.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

im 26, and it seems im old.

snap out of that man :confused: 26 and you think you're old. you are only a young man and starting your life sure i'm 41 and i think i'm still 26. it's all in the mind man and you will learn this later in life. it amazes me sometimes when kids give out about getting old. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

So I have 7 years before I'm old? Better start having fun while I still can :p

zenno wrote: »
    snap out of that man :confused: 26 and you think you're old. you are only a young man and starting your life sure i'm 41 and i think i'm still 26. it's all in the mind man and you will learn this later in life. it amazes me sometimes when kids give out about getting old. :pac::pac::pac:
    Exactly brah.
    I think the definitive answer to this if you're asking yourself are you old, you're probably not:pac::pac::D. You'll know when you're old.

• Advertisement

you are as young as to how you feel in mind and body and if you look after yourself you will look damn young either way regardless of numbers. leave the numbers for mathematics.

I don't like the idea of putting numbers on a person because usually when you are classified as a criminal they give you a number but celebrating yourself with a number every year from birth and have that stuck to you is all babohh.

the birthday parties can be fun but you are constantly reminded from people that you are getting older but in essence it's only a number and means nothing in regards to you as a young at heart human being.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I dont really remember anything before the age of 10 so I'm sort of only really 15. Then I couldn't drink legally in pubs till I was 18 so I'm sort of only 7. I also had no money till I was about 21 so In that way I'm sort of only 4. :P:P:P

You're not in my phone book so you don't even exist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

OP, you sure your little sister didn't follow "old" with "fart" :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Your sister sounds like an idiot. I wouldn't even have thought 26 was old when I was a teenager, let alone when I was 21.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,188 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

HazDanz wrote: »
    It's good that time has changed certain things.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

That is a very strange clip.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

im 26, and it seems im old.

He is still young but you are about 26 years late with the " you are only starting your life line".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

OP - the fact that you think 26 is old, tells me you still have a lot of growing up to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,600 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Your sister didn't want you cramping her style and getting in the way of her copping off.

If she reckons you're old at 26 does that make her middle-aged at 21?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Killer Pigeon

When you're 26 y/o there's really no point in living. I'd kill myself if I were that age, I wouldn't be able to cope. :rolleyes:

He is still young but you are about 26 years late with the " you are only starting your life line".

Not at all man. don't mind me but 26 is damn young so enjoy the good times. leave the numbers to this...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

OP got no action last night ? his sisters friends weren't even playing for the team..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

Score her friends.

That is all.

im female

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭u_c_thesecond

i am a woman!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭XenaLady

thx for a good laugh guys =D 26 and old.... ha ha.

26 isn't remotely old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Ugh and now i feel 70

But you're 26? Have perspective, unlike your sister.

Way too much stock put into what clueless kids refer to as old.

Even his wife thought this was ****ing sick at the time calling him a dirty old man... Who is this pervert?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭MiseryCat

At my 18th my little sister (who was 13 ) told me i was so cool that i could drink legally

at my 21st the same sister informed me "i was pure old!"

I am now 26 and she is 21 - i bumped into her in a club last night, and she pulled me aside and said she didnt want me around her friends because i was "Old"

Now "Old" was the word she used!. I was out with my friends and had just bumped into her so not like i was following her , i had no intention of staying with her, all i said was "Hi" and she pulled me aside

Ugh and now i feel 70

EDIT- i am a woman

Maybe she didn't want you to hang around her friends in case you tell them embarrassing secrets about the little sis:D and 26 is not old Depends how you look at it and what you do at your age .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭WesternZulu

i am a woman!!!!!!!!!

That changes everything!

Time to think about popping out a few childers, the time you were a care free young one has come and gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Dotrel

WTF? I've seen pretty much every page on rotten and ogrish/liveleak and even I found that disturbing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement