Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Personal Stickies"

Options
  • 08-01-2012 10:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

I searched, but found nothing.

Another vBulletin forum that I use has a feature dubbed "Personal Stickies". It's essentially the ability for any user to sticky any thread, for their own view. As in, I sticky 5 threads, so they appear at the top for just me, and not everybody else.

Any chance we could get something like that here?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=228

Ask there, it's the Site Dev forum. They're the guys that would know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Personal Sticky Threads (aka "Personal Stickies") is an Add-on for vBulletin that will allow your users to sticky threads that only they will see as...

So it's an add-on/plugin, the answer is no as explained in Neil's post here. vBulletin is a relic we are moving away from and as such the only code modifications taking place are pretty much all bugfixes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Neil

Let us not forget security fixes. They'll be patched in too :)

Also we have subscriptions which practically do the same thing and live under the user CP.

Advertisement