Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passport Renewal

Options
  • 08-01-2012 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi guys,

Quick question i know a few of you will know the answer to. My Irish passport runs out in April and i plan to send it to Canberra for renewal in the next week or so but what do I need to do ( if anything ) about my PR visa stamp that is contained within it? Do i just send it with the passport or photocopy it beforehand or is there something else I need to do?
    Any help?

Thanks in anticipation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Take a photo copy on the safety side, but when you get it back go into the passport office and just transfer it (you'l need the old passport) takes about 5 mins (ex queue at office)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭woolymammoth

are the PR ones not electronic?

I'll be renewing my own in a couple of months, but my visa is linked to the passport number, so it's a relatively easy change. Just have to submit a form to give them the new number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

They are all electronic but a physical label is useful for PR visa's as employers can easily verify you have full rights for work etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 WiltonC

Hey,

I've got a similar question to the op. I'm on a WHV and need to renew my passport. As my WHV is linked my current passport, I presume I will need to have it re-linked to the new passport. Is that right? How would I go about doing that?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

WiltonC wrote: »
    Hey,

I've got a similar question to the op. I'm on a WHV and need to renew my passport. As my WHV is linked my current passport, I presume I will need to have it re-linked to the new passport. Is that right? How would I go about doing that?

Cheers
    As per post two, go to the visa office and they can switch it there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement