Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Independent dogs

• 08-01-2012 11:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭

I love these photos, and just wanted to share:P

The Alaskan Malamute Working Association in the UK organise a trek every year in December on Salisbury Plain, they usually do 2 distances, 20 miles or 10 miles per day over 2 days. This year, due to the high temps we've been having, they did 7.5 miles, 13 miles, 16 or 22 miles. Most people only did the 7.5 as they haven't been able to get their dogs fit enough for the longer distances and it was quite warm on both days, so we didn't want to push the dogs.

Anyway, thats the background, I'm always saying that huskies are trainable, but are independent, we came to this 'puddle' and my lead dog Diesel was going in, no matter what I said, so I thought we'd take it at a run, and maybe we'd come out the other side.

karenpuddle2.jpg

Then they decided that they didn't want to go all the way through, so bailed on me:)

karenpuddle1.jpg

I had to scoot out, the water was up to my knees, and it was mud on the bottom. But it was great fun, and the dogs cooled off nicely:D They did exactly the same thing the next day, but went out the other side.:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭ABitofsense

They are absolutely brilliant photos. Sums huskies up completely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Sorry, just bumping this up for Discodog, as he thinks my dogs should go water skiing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,901 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Wet good....Mud better :D

I seem to remember a video of someone water skiing on a canal & being towed by dogs.

Has anyone used rollerblades ?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Wedgie

ISDW wrote: »
    Sorry, just bumping this up for Discodog, as he thinks my dogs should go water skiing.

You should have used Labradors!
    Discodog wrote: »
    Wet good....Mud better :D

I seem to remember a video of someone water skiing on a canal & being towed by dogs.

Has anyone used rollerblades ?

Me - no.
    Wife - yes.

I started out on a skateboard!

I was tempted to make a remark about women drivers but ...........:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Vince32

Great pics :)

I'm a little jealous, you have a great pack there ISDW, looks like tons of fun

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭spatchco

A Schnauzer man myself but a super pic,thanks

A suitable caption might be "Who's the dumb animal now !" :D

Advertisement