Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to & Living In Oz/Brisbane

Options
  • 08-01-2012 12:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Hi,

I'm looking at moving to Brisbane and would like people's experiences of living in Oz, especially Brisbane.I'll be going on a 457 on my own initially and then the honey and 2 honeyettes later on. Any advice/info on living in Oz/Brisbane is welcome no matter how trivial you think it is, cost of living, schools, working there, differences from home etc etc etc.

Please Reply,

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

I know your not going to Oz to meet Irish people but there is a thriving GAA scence there both hurling and football. I think if you joined a team it'd be an easy way to make a lot of friends fast which will help the transition!
    Cost of living is high in oz but if your working it balances out fairly similar to working over here. I dont know much about schools etc so cant comment on that sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭csm

www.pomsinoz.com is a great resource for that kind of stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Aisling012l

Hi there

The Irish Australian Support Association Queensland Parent and Child group meets every Monday at the IASAQ centre, 9.30 - 11.30am.

Address:
    Justice Place
    5 Abingdon St
    Woolloongabba QLD 4102

Children's ages range from infants to 5 years old. Come along for a catch-up.

For information:
    Phone 073 33911300
    Email: info@iasaq.com.au
    www.iasaq.com.au

Advertisement