Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32" TV

Options
  • 08-01-2012 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭

Looking to buy a 32" tv for the spare room. anyone know of any bargains ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭upinthesky

me too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

I got this last week

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11258563/art/everline/ev32hd81h-lcd-television.html

+ wall brackets + postage for €260. It has saorview + recording facility + can play movies from usb drive so I'm happy enough (so far .... :D)

omahaid wrote: »
    I got this last week

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11258563/art/everline/ev32hd81h-lcd-television.html

+ wall brackets + postage for €260. It has saorview + recording facility + can play movies from usb drive so I'm happy enough (so far .... :D)
    any ideas how long this offer runs untill i dont get paid untill the end of the month and its a great price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

lisar816 wrote: »
    I got this last week

any ideas how long this offer runs untill i dont get paid untill the end of the month and its a great price
    299 in harvey normans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Great find!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭chiefwiggum

for the extra few pound i'd buy in harveys.just in case there is a problem...pixmania are anightmare to deal with..no after sales(learned from experience)

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭jonnybravo

I got this TV in Harvey Norman today. Says 399 on the website but they're selling it for 347 in the shops and the assistant in there said it'll be on sale for another few weeks. Its the best price I've seen for a decent model in a shop with full HD. Plays divx as well which was a big plus for me.

http://www.harveynorman.ie/philips-32-full-hd-lcd-tv.html

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Avoid these "unbranded" and "never heard of before" TVs and stupid electronics websites (useless after sales if something goes tits up).

Quite a few of these TVs are TVs that were sent back due to failures and repaired,then they are put back out onto the market under a different name.But infact they are allready broken,then repaired,then put back on sale.........so they are actually 2nd hand and not new.

You will get a brand spanking new 32 inch Philips or LG Full HD Saorview/Divx TV in Tesco for under 300 euro.And with a full warrenty too

This 32 inch LG Full HD (1080P) Saorview/Divx TV cost me 250 euro in Tesco,and they have a few of them back in stock too,over the festive period.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I got this last week

Bought 4 tvs off them at this stage and all dead on.

Getting the new one in the next couple of weeks! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

paddy147 wrote: »
    Avoid these "unbranded" and "never heard of before" TVs and stupid electronics websites (useless after sales if something goes tits up).

Quite a few of these TVs are TVs that were sent back due to failures and repaired,then they are put back out onto the market under a different name.But infact they are allready broken,then repaired,then put back on sale.........so they are actually 2nd hand and not new.

You will get a brand spanking new 32 inch Philips or LG Full HD Saorview/Divx TV in Tesco for under 300 euro.And with a full warrenty too

This 32 inch LG Full HD (1080P) Saorview/Divx TV cost me 250 euro in Tesco,and they have a few of them back in stock too,over the festive period.

What is the model of that tv paddy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭smilgy

When did you buy that ? I was in Tesco Maynooth yesterday and the cheapest TV they had was a Technika for 300 euro..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Those LG 32LK450 / LD450's were not widely available. It seemed to be primarily Tesco Artane & Clarehall stocking them.

To say 'You will get a brand spanking new 32 inch Philips or LG Full HD Saorview/Divx TV in Tesco for under 300 euro' needs some qualification - it's a possibility but proved a fruitless wild-goose chase in many other Tesco branches. Perhaps paddy will have a look see on his next visit to the store he spotted them in.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Tesco in Clarehall had a few of them back in over the Christmass period and also Clearwater had the odd LG and Philips 32 incher going for under 300 euro (299 to be exact).They may be sold out again,at this stage.

I suppose you have to be in the right place at the right time......

All I know is that I have saved over 450 euro on 3 TVs,by buying them in Tesco Artane and Clarehall,when compared to the "best price" that Hardly Normal were prepared to sell the same TVs to me for.

Getting a bargain is sometimes about being prepared to travel around and hunt down a bargain.

Its not allways easy,but there are bargains out there to be had.

Regards.

Tesco in Clarehall had a few of them back in over the Christmass period and also Clearwater had the odd LG and Philips 32 incher going for under 300 euro (299 to be exact).They may be sold out again,at this stage.

I suppose you have to be in the right place at the right time......

All I know is that I have saved over 450 euro on 3 TVs,by buying them in Tesco Artane and Clarehall,when compared to the "best price" that Hardly Normal were prepared to sell the same TVs to me for.

Getting a bargain is sometime about being prepared to travel and hunto down a bargain.

Its not allways easy,but there are bargains out there to be had.

Regards.
    and you get your clubcard points so saves you more!

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭flashcash5

I got this last week

does this definitely work with saorview? or just it just work with the UK freeview?
    interested in getting one..

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

flashcash5 wrote: »
    does this definitely work with saorview? or just it just work with the UK freeview?
    interested in getting one..

thanks

It's specs indicate it should be Saorview compatible - DVB-T + MPEG 4

No mention of MHEG5 though, so won't future proof the set if RTE decide to introduce functionality similar to BBC 'Red Button' interactive services.

I'd advise you spend a little more to attain a Saorview approved set from an established brand, proven to be expert at implementing TV hard / software.

cheers
    would be interested in hearing from anyone who has this working with saorview

or anyone who knows of a TV offer almost as good as it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Ya, it works with Saorview, I have it at home working away. I can only speak as to the channels + tv listings

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I just sw a Sharp 32" HDR in Tesco Clearwater for €249 . was €299.

Its on the back wall.

It's specs indicate it should be Saorview compatible - DVB-T + MPEG 4

No mention of MHEG5 though, so won't future proof the set if RTE decide to introduce functionality similar to BBC 'Red Button' interactive services.

I'd advise you spend a little more to attain a Saorview approved set from an established brand, proven to be expert at implementing TV hard / software.

MHEG5 is needed for saorview teletext too, so teletext will not work..
    http://www.mpeg4ireland.com/digital-teletext

• Advertisement

flashcash5 wrote: »
    MHEG5 is needed for saorview teletext too, so teletext will not work..
    http://www.mpeg4ireland.com/digital-teletext

correction - the new saorview (digital) teletext will not work, but if you change the source on the everline TV to analoge, you can use the old teletext in there..

i know because i bought one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I got this last week

Nice find - I came here to post a request for a ~20" TV with Saorview. On pixmania I see TV's with freeview. Is that the same thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I got this last week

Will this play mkv files from a hard drive?

Advertisement