Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De Agostini Spitfire

Options
  • 08-01-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I bought all of the de agostini spitfire magazines a few years ago and they sat in my attic for a few years. I just pulled them out a few weeks ago and have been putting it together. Two problems I have:

1. I am missing issue #31 and the back issues website I found is sold out of them. Anyone still have the issue that could tell me what was inlcuded in the issue?
    2. I need an engine for the plane. Can anyone reccommend what engine I could use?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

I bought all of the de agostini spitfire magazines a few years ago and they sat in my attic for a few years. I just pulled them out a few weeks ago and have been putting it together. Two problems I have:

1. I am missing issue #31 and the back issues website I found is sold out of them. Anyone still have the issue that could tell me what was inlcuded in the issue?
    That is a nice model to build. It should be enjoyable project.
    You might find a copy of issue #31 on the internet somewhere, but if you don't, and you are located where your username suggests, I work nearby, a 10 minutes walk from Terenure (link in my signature), so bring it to me I could explain to you what is the next process in it's construction sequence.
    2. I need an engine for the plane. Can anyone reccommend what engine I could use?
    It was designed to take any 40 to 45 size two stroke aero engine, since they have standadized dimensions. The cowling needs to be cut out with two holes to accommodate the engine used, and it's exhaust.
    It will also fly nicely on a 500-600 watt electric power system with the battery placed where the fuel tank would be in the liquid fuel option. With electric there is usually no holes required to be made in the cowling, so it can be a more scale finish.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi I think I got the 6.47cc engine made by LEO. If you get stuck I will have a look for the mag you need,It should be here somewhere but god only knows where :D You might also see what is missing on one of the 15 videos on the build http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hhNZNcSm-g
    DSC00264.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭terenurebob

sweet picture. Thanks to you both. I'll follow up on this if I need anything further.

Advertisement