Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bungee Jump - D'oh!

• 08-01-2012 5:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭

Video at link.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/news/australian-woman-erin-langworthy-survives-111m-bungee-fall-into-the-zambezi-river/story-e6frfq80-1226239445280
    Australian woman Erin Langworthy survives 111m bungee fall into the Zambezi River

AN Australian tourist survived a 111m fall into a crocodile-infested river after her bungee cord snapped.

Erin Langworthy, 22, plunged into the Zambezi River, which divides Zambia and Zimbabwe, on December 31. The West Australian woman fell headfirst into the river after the jump with Safari Par Excellence.

Describing her survival as a "miracle", she told Channel 9 she blacked out as she hit the water.

"It felt like I had been slapped all over," she said. After hitting the water she started swimming downstream but her bungee cord became snagged on rocks.

"I actually had to swim down to yank the bungee cord out of what it was caught in," she said.

When she made it to rocks, her rescuers rolled her on her back.

"All the water I inhaled meant I couldn't breathe and I made them roll me on to my side and that's when I started coughing up water and blood."

The Safari Par Excellence website says the bungee experience is "111 metres of pure adrenalin!".

"Based on The Victoria Falls Bridge, the Bungi (sic) jump can certainly be classed as the most scenic in the world. Not for the faint hearted!" the website says.

Zambia's Southern Province police commissioner Brenda Muntemba said Ms Langworthy was treated at Victoria Falls clinic in Zimbabwe and evacuated to South Africa.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,189 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

It's pronounced D'oh!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Holy fcuk.. Nice to see the bungee operators spring in to action so quickly and try to help her /s

I'd never do one tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Snap i was just reading that on Bbc

:o:eek::P

Yes, because the one place you really want someone to throw themselves from, supported by nothing but a cord, is right over crocodile-infested water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Great story, normal bungee experiences have their ups and downs...except this one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I wouldn't let this video put you off doing one though, it's a freak.
    I also saw this

The guy only suffered a broken ankle. Amazing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It doesn't put me off the idea of doing one. I'd still love to. You hear about car crashes every day, it doesn't stop ya jumping in the car.
    Crocodile infested waters would give a little more of a thrill. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

"Drop the stones, Dr. Langworthy! They will be found! You won't!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

At least they replaced the broken equipment,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Jaysus, don't think I'd be too keen on trying adrenaline sports in a banana republic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭ImpossibleDuck

"The company insist that it's safe and the broken equipment has been replaced"

I would certainly fucking hope so! :pac:

Advertisement