Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Technology 2012

• 08-01-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Just wondering how everyone is getting on in the project and course work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

What is the the tech project? I don't do it, I'm just being a nosey fúck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭robbiep94

What is the the tech project? I don't do it, I'm just being a nosey fúck :pac:[/QUOTT

This is the brief

Thematic Brief:
    “Over a billion people, about 15% of the world's population, have some form of
    disability” (World Health Organisation, Fact Sheet No. 352, June 2011).
    Disability is an umbrella term, covering impairments, activity limitations, and
    participation restrictions. An impairment is a problem in body function or structure; an
    activity limitation is a difficulty encountered by an individual in executing a task or
    action; while a participation restriction is a problem experienced by an individual in
    involvement in life situations. Thus disability is a complex phenomenon, reflecting an
    interaction between features of a person’s body and features of the society in which he
    or she lives.
    Society has a duty to ensure that people with disabilities are given the best quality of life
    possible through enhanced independence and dignity. Advancements in assistive
    technologies have helped to minimise the effects of disability for many people.
    In this context, design and make a model of a technical aid or appliance that could help
    a person with a disability to live independently in the home, workplace, public area or
    other context of your choice.
    Your solution should include electro-mechanical movement in operation and should also
    be well presented.
    Note:
    • The maximum dimension of the artefact you present for assessment should
    not exceed 500 mm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

robbiep94 wrote: »
    What is the the tech project? I don't do it, I'm just being a nosey fúck :pac:[/QUOTT

This is the brief

Thematic Brief:
    “Over a billion people, about 15% of the world's population, have some form of
    disability” (World Health Organisation, Fact Sheet No. 352, June 2011).
    Disability is an umbrella term, covering impairments, activity limitations, and
    participation restrictions. An impairment is a problem in body function or structure; an
    activity limitation is a difficulty encountered by an individual in executing a task or
    action; while a participation restriction is a problem experienced by an individual in
    involvement in life situations. Thus disability is a complex phenomenon, reflecting an
    interaction between features of a person’s body and features of the society in which he
    or she lives.
    Society has a duty to ensure that people with disabilities are given the best quality of life
    possible through enhanced independence and dignity. Advancements in assistive
    technologies have helped to minimise the effects of disability for many people.
    In this context, design and make a model of a technical aid or appliance that could help
    a person with a disability to live independently in the home, workplace, public area or
    other context of your choice.
    Your solution should include electro-mechanical movement in operation and should also
    be well presented.
    Note:
    • The maximum dimension of the artefact you present for assessment should
    not exceed 500 mm.

I would have just made some sort of exo-skeleton suit :pac:

Advertisement