Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boys Bedroom

• 08-01-2012 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭

I've an almost 10yr old and have written on here about trying to get him to stay in, and love his own bedroom..I redecorated it last year, painted it a lovely blue, new single bed and locker and shelves from ikea etc...it hasn't worked!

So this year I'm thinking I'll try to do it one last time for his teenage years - I saw a fab bedroom on one of the DIY shows recently - with a real football net on the wall - he is soccer mad, so that would be the theme.

I've been looking at decals or murals for one wall - he kicks a sponge ball around his room as it is so a goalpost (even if only a decal of one) would be amazing for him...I got those zigzag bookshelves ikea last year, but they am just dying to take them down again - they look well, but I'm always unsrue of their saftey and they don't hold many books!

So any ideas on a football themed room would be great, thanks - keeping in mind that I'm his mam and will be doing the best I can do with it myself, on a small enough budget, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

You're wasting your time, boys don't give a sh1t about their bedrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

aujopimur wrote: »
    You're wasting your time, boys don't give a sh1t about their bedrooms.

I don't know whether to laugh at his post or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

i think that when he is a teenager,you will be back here saying you cant get him out of his room

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Blikes

Hey OP, Have a look at this shop on Adverts.ie
    http://www.adverts.ie/shops/decals-direct/

They make wall decals and i'm sure they would have some soccer related decals or could make up one with his favourite team!

I want one :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭Carlow52

trying to get him to stay in, and love his own bedroom

56" flat screen, sky sports plus plus, Xbox... problem sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Thanks Blikes - I'll look at that...if I got him a nice 'Glory, Glory, Man Utd' in beautiful italics on a cream wall it would be SO much nicer than a red wall with Man U Curtains & Duvet (which I will NEVER do!!!!)

Like the idea of the 56inch..that's the plan when I win the lotto;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

Nothing to see here...
    Misread OP's post...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Put Liverpool posters up in every room in the house except his bedroom...that should keep him in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 amolnar

Hi,

I do murals, kids room decorations, designs.
    If you'd like I will have a look what can I do for a minimum budget.

Andrew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 amolnar

Hi,

I do murals, kids room decorations, designs.
    If you'd like I will have a look what can I do for a minimum budget.

Andrew

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 245 ✭✭Paul.C

As said above, boys dont care about their bedrooms. You could take everything out of it, throw a sleeping bag in one corner and an xbox in the other. Only problem then would be he would never leave his room:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 bennettcynthia

Have you ever heard of WallPops? They make all sorts of decals and stickers, including wall stickers for kids.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

How about these murals?
    They look bigger than a 56" TV!
    203515.jpg

Advertisement