Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Better music opportunities in London???

Options
  • 08-01-2012 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi there, i'm an aspiring songwriter/producer with aspirations to be a successful pop songwriter. I mainly write pop/r'n'b/hip hop in the style of Rihanna, Lady gaga etc.....

I feel that living in Dublin, there is less opportunities than if i lived in a major music city.... does anyone here have any experience with regards this, such as are there really way more opportunities living in london???

Obviously the talent in London is pretty big, so there would be more competition etc, but i feel that it might be worth giving it a shot?!?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭il gatto

Dublin has always been an incestuous little scene. And it's a scene more interested in naval gazing singer songwriters and ramshackle bands than what you've mentioned. Far more happening in London. You'd need to be good and work hard at it, but that's where the action is in Europe. Always was.

Advertisement