Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Study

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Holahola94

I do 2hrs in after school study and then (on a good day) another 2hrs when I get home.How much do people study at the weekend?I find it so hard to !Never do more than 4hrs though,should I be doing more?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

I get home around 4:30, have dinner, cup of tea, fruit and chill out a bit :)
    I study from 6-10 including my brill Cup of Tea breaks lol. Sometimes I have music for an hour so I only get 2 or 3 hours study if I try.
    After these mocks and after the midterm break, really gonna try and study harder.

Fml!

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭The Radiator

I do my homework which is usually 1-2 hours a day but that's it. Have grinds Monday and Friday. Don't do anything on the weekend. I'm just not feeling very motivated to do any work

I do my homework which is usually 1-2 hours a day but that's it. Have grinds Monday and Friday. Don't do anything on the weekend. I'm just not feeling very motivated to do any work

Do you know what you want to do? Usually the motivation cones when ya realize how many points you need etc.
    You really need to study on the weekends, in fact you should get the best use out of the weekend as you possibly can!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

started off badly and have been continuing badly, started studying for the pres, uh, the night before, started studying for tomorrow's exams an hour ago. Oh well. I'll be ok with Bs at this stage. I'll be doing a lot of revision coming up to the leaving that I'll probably be able to get 560 or whatever then.

Never really got the whole 4 hours of study a day thing, I generally start homework at 9 or 10pm...really bad habits. I have done a couple of hours some days, if I had to write an essay or something. I figure I'll start really studying when we have most courses finished and I don't get a lot of homework.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I skip school altogether and study from 8 am until the cows come home. Going to up my game after the mocks to a 5 am - 1 am the following day schedule. Can never be sure if the ol' 625 is in your grasp. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

reznov wrote: »
    I skip school altogether and study from 8 am until the cows come home. Going to up my game after the mocks to a 5 am - 1 am the following day schedule. Can never be sure if the ol' 625 is in your grasp. :eek:
    What kind of "human" are you :P

Are you serious!? :PSo how many hours exactly do you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

It is quite difficult to measure. I haven't showered in over a year now, and i am not quite sure as to the location of my family, but the point is I am on the right track!!! I attempt to study /at least/ 14 hours a day. My schedule includes 5 mins on food (Walker's crisps and Tayto Salt and Vinegar, topped with cream cheese). not forgetting water of course! I hooked myself up to a hose for a water supply. Excretion is handled through a Flexi pipe connected directly to a sewage system. My vision has hindered 16 fold also. Can only read with a magnifying glass, letter by letter. But lads let me tell you something, it's worth it. When the press roll up to my door, snapping pics of yet another "bright man of Ireland who achieved 625 and aced 15 subjects", I'll be laughing my ass off to the bank.... to withdraw money for LASIK surgery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,746 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

It is quite difficult to measure. I haven't showered in over a year now, and i am not quite sure as to the location of my family, but the point is I am on the right track!!! I attempt to study /at least/ 14 hours a day. My schedule includes 5 mins on food (Walker's crisps and Tayto Salt and Vinegar, topped with cream cheese). not forgetting water of course! I hooked myself up to a hose for a water supply. Excretion is handled through a Flexi pipe connected directly to a sewage system. My vision has hindered 16 fold also. Can only read with a magnifying glass, letter by letter. But lads let me tell you something, it's worth it. When the press roll up to my door, snapping pics of yet another "bright man of Ireland who achieved 625 and aced 15 subjects", I'll be laughing my ass off to the bank.... to withdraw money for LASIK surgery.

I could be wrong, but i think he's taking the piss

• Advertisement

I could be wrong, but i think he's taking the piss
    Lol XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

Seems legit...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭Bears and Vodka

2 hours a night i.e. two subjects a night. Excluding homework.
    A small bit on a Saturday and a good bit on a Sunday.

Be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭lainey108

that gave me a well needed giggle after along day of mocks :) thank you for making my day!! you hero :D

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭JonnyMcNamee

Quality post. Had me in stitches :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Chillpill

Haha..made me LOL :D

just finished my mocks yesterday, on midterm now yaaay. will take a few days off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Sean.

Haven't started studying yet. I just do my homework and that's it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

How much is everyone doing over mid-term?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Just doing some chemistry and applied maths... if I can motivate myself to actually open a book. :P

• Advertisement

For over midterm, I'm just gonna finish my Engineering project and brief and sort out all my notes.. Probably do a bit of work for the orals too! Nothing crazy planned like :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭silversky

Ha! Reading back through the old posts and I found this gem.:D

It actually reminded me of those three on the late late who got, I dunno around a bazillion A1's in the leaving.

Over midterm I'll just finish me history project :( so tired. Really don't feel like studying for hours and hours for the rest of my break :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

12 hours a day.

Start at 9, keep going for 2hours.. then half an hour break. Then 2hours, break etc. until around 11ish. Been doing it the last few days but getting quite tired now!

Wesc. wrote: »
    12 hours a day.

Start at 9, keep going for 2hours.. then half an hour break. Then 2hours, break etc. until around 11ish. Been doing it the last few days but getting quite tired now!
    I can't tell if your being serious or not.. Please tell me your joking :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

I can't tell if your being serious or not.. Please tell me your joking :pac:
    I'm hoping it's a joke as well, on a good day I'd get a couple of hours at the most..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I'm hoping it's a joke as well, on a good day I'd get a couple of hours at the most..

Wellllll...that was the plan initially, but eh now that both the sky box and internet is repaired as of this morning.. it's looking less likely :rolleyes: Also I just had to look at the spreadsheet and find out what's coming up so I don't need to do as much study :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭snoreborewhore

Wesc. wrote: »
    Wellllll...that was the plan initially, but eh now that both the sky box and internet is repaired as of this morning.. it's looking less likely :rolleyes: Also I just had to look at the spreadsheet and find out what's coming up so I don't need to do as much study :P
    That spreadsheet is a blessing and a curse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

That spreadsheet is a blessing and a curse!

I better get a good 500 points now! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement