Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free dog walker in D4 :)

Options
  • 08-01-2012 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

I would love to do something nice for someone this year..
    I walk all the time and could take someones pooch out for a long walk at least 4-6 times per week gratis

I live in Dublin 4 and Sandymount beach is only around the corner from me.

I have lots of experience with dogs.. big.. small.. crazy.. quiet!

Message me if you like. Or if you know an elderly/disabled person who would appreciate my help, hit me up.

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭Pablo Sanchez

rustyzip wrote: »
    I would love to do something nice for someone this year..
    I walk all the time and could take someones pooch out for a long walk at least 4-6 times per week gratis

I live in Dublin 4 and Sandymount beach is only around the corner from me.

I have lots of experience with dogs.. big.. small.. crazy.. quiet!

Message me if you like. Or if you know an elderly/disabled person who would appreciate my help, hit me up.

Cheers

Fantastic idea, to be comended Zip, well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

'rustyzip' what's your motive?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CyberJuice

id be a bit wary of handing over my beloved dog to some stranger that wants to walk it for free to be honest. could be all above board and with best of intentions but still if anyhing happened the dog ie it runs off or gets knocked down or bites someone youve no comeback on the free dogwalker as hes not being paid for any services,youll be liable for anything that happens

CyberJuice wrote: »
    id be a bit wary of handing over my beloved dog to some stranger that wants to walk it for free to be honest. could be all above board and with best of intentions but still if anyhing happened the dog ie it runs off or gets knocked down or bites someone youve no comeback on the free dogwalker as hes not being paid for any services,youll be liable for anything that happens

And what comeback would you have from a professional dog walker?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Well there is s contract in place, with a professional. So you have come back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

I plan on abducting the dog and cooking it for dinner!

Jeez, no motive!

I walk anyway and I used to help out with community watch at home and I know there are a lot of elderly people or people who can't get out to walk their dogs!

I try and add one nice thing to my list of do gooder stuff every year!

Just trying to make the world a little bit of a better place for someone!

It doesn't cost me anything and I can make a difference for two beings!

ted1 wrote: »
    Well there is s contract in place, with a professional. So you have come back.

Firstly Ted what comback would you have if your dog did something while walking it? Im not sure that they sell Dog Liability Insurance.

And secondly how professional is any dog walker? How will a contract with a dog walker protect you?

We should all stop being so cynical and just thank god that people like RustyZip still exist around this godforsaken place.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

And what comeback would you have from a professional dog walker?

i'm not being cynical. you asked a question and i answered if your Dog did any of the things mentioned above while in the care of professional dog walker they would have a contractual obligation to take responsibility. as Rusty Zip is volunterring and doing it without "consideration" no such contract would ne in place and you the owner would take all responsibilty.

i think its a great thing, there loads of dog out there woth elderly owners who just can't give them the excercise they need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 casjem

Rustyzip I'm sorry for being negative here as I'm sure you've the best of intentions but please ppl do not give your dog to a complete stranger to walk. You wouldn't do it with your children so don't do it with your pets.

Pro dog walkers also have insurance, references, experience and most have canine first aid.

Only trust your pets in the hands of those you know or have extensively researched.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Lunaarli

casjem wrote: »
    Rustyzip I'm sorry for being negative here as I'm sure you've the best of intentions but please ppl do not give your dog to a complete stranger to walk. You wouldn't do it with your children so don't do it with your pets.

Pro dog walkers also have insurance, references, experience and most have canine first aid.

Only trust your pets in the hands of those you know or have extensively researched.

I love how you only joined today and the only three messages you've posted are about dog walking, two to rustyzip! The OP is doing an awesome thing.. Get over yourself! I'm sure the owner isn't just going to hand he/she the lead of the dog and say off you go!! You're a nasty spiteful person.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 casjem

Nasty spiteful person or realistic, responsible dog owner who wouldnt advise handing your dog over to someone who didnt have references, insurance and canine first aid? You choose.

Night now.

casjem wrote: »
    Nasty spiteful person or realistic, responsible dog owner who wouldnt advise handing your dog over to someone who didnt have references, insurance and canine first aid? You choose.

Night now.

Christ on a bike. Il bet you never let a friend or family member walk your dog.... without a garda check and CV.

We all know how tough walking a dog can be. Personally i look back on my years studying it in UCD with fond memories.

Advertisement