Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

power supply unit for kinect

Options
  • 08-01-2012 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Before i gonna start this let me blame myself first
    !^#~//*^^!/*^?^?/*!!#,!,:?-~_~_#♥*##_

i bought the kinect sensor from adverts and i just received from the guy

i was pretty excited to play but when i wanted to connect its not suit for usb port....

yes i have old xbox360 and i just found out that i need the PSU to use it on old one ...

and i look up the price of PSU and it more than 20 euro ..

so i guess its better give it back to the guy this kinect and buy new standalone kinect..

i pay 70 for kinect itself and if i gonna buy the PSU it will costs over 100
    and i saw they r selling kinect with dance central with 110 in HMV

what a day haha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

The PSU's come with the kinect. He should have it, so ask for it. Or just return it to him

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭lincminus

The PSU's come with the kinect. He should have it, so ask for it. Or just return it to him

I guess he bought kinect with 4g xbox together thats why he didnt know i guess

Yeah, that's unfortunate. you going to return it to him? or you just going to buy the psu separately?

Here's a psu i found on ebay: here

Yeah, that's unfortunate. you going to return it to him? or you just going to buy the psu separately?

Here's a psu i found on ebay: here

wow thanks its only 15 euro
    but i have a question that
    i cannot see the connect part for xbox

all i have is kinect itself and if i gonna buy PSU it will work directly? do i need something else?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Nope thats all you need

• Advertisement

Im checking ebay right now and there are planty of it with different prices
    all of them are same just different brands?
    i never use ebay before :P

Well, the one i linked you is probably the better one, since it's in the UK and not china. (shipping would be quicker) and there would be no need for any extra adapters like the Chinese ones.

And as meesared said, that cable is all you need. You plug the plug into the mains in your wall, the plug the kinect sensor into the orange port on the cable and then put the USB from the cable into the back of your xbox. simple as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭punk77

Thank u all guys!
    i order the PSU yesterday and it shipped today all what i need is waiting for my stuffs
    Cheers buddies!

Ps. damn ebay is not letting me out of it: )
    so i order one headset as well haha

Advertisement