Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chicken casserole recipe?

Options
  • 08-01-2012 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

hello, i want to make chicken casserole at the weekend, im not sure if you can cook potatoes and the casserole together in one pot or not, so if anyone has a tasty chicken casserole recipe they would like to share with me, that would be great, thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Rachel Allen does a nice one: http://uktv.co.uk/food/recipe/aid/629539

You can leave out the dumplings if you don't fancy them. I always cook my potatoes separately because I like floury potatoes, and they tend to break up in a casserole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

I made the chicken & bacon one from this list on Sunday - very yummy, inexpensive and tasty!
    http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/search.do?filterItem=serve5&orderFilter=latest&keywords=casserole&showFilter=tested

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭xxxkarenxxx

Darina Allen's Shanagarry Chicken Casserole is really tasty!!

Ingredients
    1 chicken
    A little butter or oil for frying
    350g streaky bacon
    450g onions
    350g carrot, peeled and sliced
    Sprig of thyme
    700ml chicken stock
    Roux (optional)

Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees

Joint chicken into 8 pieces, season well.

Cut the rind off bacon and cut into cubes, heat a little butter or oil in pan and cook until crisp, remove and transfer to the casserole dish.

Add chicken pieces to the pan, 2 or 3 at a time and sauté until golden and then remove to the casserole dish.

Toss the onion and carrot in the pan adding a little butter if necessary then remove to casserole dish.

De-grease the frying pan and de-glaze with the stock, bring to the boil and pour into casserole.

Season well and add the thyme.

Place over a medium heat and bring to a simmering point on top of the stove, then put into the oven for 30 to 40 minutes.

I have this with mash on the side. Yummy :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 301 ✭✭surime

I make lemon and cinnamon casserole and it absolutely genius.

-4-6 chicken thights
    -4 medium poteatos
    -1 medium onion
    -can of black beans
    -150ml of reach bulion
    -half lemon

- MARINADE:

-3 spoons of olive oil
    -half lemon
    -small spoon of tarragon
    -half spoon of chilli flakes (or more if you like more spicy)
    -small spoon of cinnamon.

Its really simple to make, just marinade chicken for at leat one hour (I make few deep cuts in it) , heat oven to 200C , then put some olive oil in casserole dish, fry potatoes cut in thick slices with onion cut in 8, take it out, fry chicken for 3 minutes each side, add potatoes with onion, add beans and pour in bulion- wait until its boiling then put into oven with lid on for one hour. Ready
    This is really tasty and easy!

http://www.kwestiasmaku.com/kuchnia_polska/kurczak/casserole_z_kurczakiem_fasola/przepis.html

(its in polish, but you can see the pictures! ;)

Advertisement