Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bungee cord snaps!

Options
  • 08-01-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

A 22-year-old Australian tourist is lucky to be alive after her cord snapped during a bungee jump over the Zambesi River on the border of Zimbabwe and Zambia, sending her plunging into the rapids below.
    Erin Laung Worth was forced to swim through the rapids with her feet still tied together after she fell from the Victoria Falls bridge, 111-metres above the water, on New Year's Eve.
    "I landed with my legs tied and then had to swim to the Zimbabwe side [of the river] through the rapids," Ms Worth told Nine News in an exclusive interview.
    "It was quite scary because a couple of times the rope actually got caught on some rocks or debris," she said.
    "I actually had to swim down and yank the bungee cord out of whatever it was caught on to make it to the surface."
    Southern Province police commissioner Brenda Muntemba told the Post Zambia that Ms Worth was treated at Victoria Falls clinic in Zimbabwe before being evacuated to South Africa

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

yeah im never going bungee jumping after seeing that

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Love how the crew spring into action :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

It doesn't sound like her friends are too upset about it.
    xzanti wrote: »
    Love how the crew spring into action :rolleyes:

What would you suggest they do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

It doesn't sound like her friends are too upset about it.

What would you suggest they do?
    Well, there's a chap suspended underneath the platform. If he's not there to rapel down if there's trouble I'm not sure wtf he's doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

The Bungy Jump in Taupo NZ have a boat hovering nearby, dont see a boat in that video. Scary stuff, lucky girl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

The Bungy Jump in Taupo NZ have a boat hovering nearby
    Hardly a vote of confidence when you're going bungee jumping.

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

So you would rather do a jump somewhere where there is no boat in the water. :rolleyes: The boat is also there to remove you from the rope and take you ashore.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭William_Hicley

Press play, BEEEEEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP press mute.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

If i was going to bungee, I certainly don't think I'd be going to Zimbabwe to do it. It's all Mugabe's fault :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 lifestyleRGL

Nevore wrote: »
    Well, there's a chap suspended underneath the platform. If he's not there to rapel down if there's trouble I'm not sure wtf he's doing.

I've have bungeed the Vic Falls. The guy hanging below the bridge clips the return rope to you when you are left hanging upside down . . .Not much he could do given that the lass had already been swept down river. She could have got lucky and been picked up by white water rafters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Guill

That's a good way to lose an eye.

Advertisement