Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I raise the height of the lock on a PVC front door

• 08-01-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi all,

I have a front door that I want to raise the lock on. The reason being my 5 year old keep trying to open the door and we always have to remember to turn the key to fully lock it. Now we have to remove the key completely as he is trying to turn it. By locking I mean deadbolting it as if I just close the door it can be opening by pulling the handle down. I don;t like the idea of us being deadbolted into the house either. I'm told that you cannot get a Yale type latch lock to the door so I'm thinking that if I raise the height , he can't reach , problem solved.....

?

Any thoughts ..

Many thanks

BT

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Have a look at this

Link

• Registered Users Posts: 36 bt952000

Hi Mad M

Many thanks for the reply and suggestion. Much appreciated.

Might give this a whirl although I am hoping to emulate a normal wooden door "yale" solution whereby when you close the door from the inside, without doing anything else, the door is un-openable by a child.

The fact that you have to remember to do something after you close the door is the thing I would like to avoid as it is not failsafe if I forget !

Cheers

Advertisement