Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lithium Batteries for Cordless House Phone

Options
  • 08-01-2012 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,493 ✭✭✭

Hi

My parents have an Eircom cordless phone with just 1 handset and base.

The batteries in the Handset are no longer holding a charge and so the handset is failing mid-calls etc.

What kind of batteries are these if if need to look for replacements...???

Where would I get them. I believe there are the small AAA size.

They have put in ordinary batteries but these only last a few days and then fail again

Any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

You should be able to get replacement batteries from Maplin Electronics. They have outlets in most major cities.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Moved to Gadgets (from Headphones forum)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If they're AA or AAA you can buy a set of four rechargables in almost any electrical shop. In some of the bigger shops there can be a big range on offer in terms of battery capacity and technology.

Look at the specs. and make sure it says 'Ni-Mh' (Nickel Metal Hydride) and for AA try to buy 2,500 capacity or higher and for AAA look for 850 or higher. The numbers refer to mAh or milliamp hours and indicate the relative size of the charge the battery can store, the bigger the better.

Make sure not to buy Ni-Cd batteries, this is now old technology and should be avoided.

If the handset takes three batteries, best to buy a set of four and throw one away, do not buy two pairs as they may be from different batches and will wear differently which is not good for the overall life of the batteries.

Advertisement