Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activation email

Options
  • 08-01-2012 7:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭

Its not sending. Why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Check your junk mail just in case, I've resent it to you now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭RickRoll

Nope not there, nothing :(

Can somebody help with this problem please. What a pain. I see loads of other people have had the same problem.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've just re-sent the code to you, so hopefully that should sort you out

Had a look there, still nothing.

• Advertisement

Hello anybody out there? Still no email. I've tried sending it 50 times and nothing, there is something up with you're system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

It's 22:30 at night on a Sunday, I'm sorry the tech team response times aren't up to scratch for you.

Let me check the mailservers, though since I was able to test it using my own account (hosted by the same free email provider as you) and it worked I reckon the problem isn't with our system.

Well I started the thread at 6pm.

And the tech team don't work weekends except for serious issues, like when a webserver stops responding. Anything done at the weekends outside of this is done on our own time.

The mailqueues on the webservers are clear, the mail left the boards.ie servers. You could have just changed account email addresses in your control panel and tried to resend activation again.

XXXXXXXXXXX: to=<YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.66.27]:25, status=bounced (host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[173.194.66.27] said:
    550-5.1.1 The email account that you tried to reach does not exist. Please try double-checking the recipient's email address for typos or unnecessary spaces. Learn more at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6596

You can try send the mail a million times; the problem isn't us, it's either you or gmail. Please check you entered the correct email address when you signed up.

• Advertisement

Sorted, Thanks.

Happy to help, welcome to Boards :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement