Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

120kph at Carrigtwohill westbound

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Nikster

I've purposely driven over the slip road so I've physically seen a 120kph sign and am 100% sure that it's ok for me to drive at that speed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

People in yellow taking photos of the speed signs on the east bound slip road this morning.

People in yellow taking photos of the speed signs on the east bound slip road this morning.
    Hopefully they are "actually" sorting it out so

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Let's just hope they're not doing the same on the eastbound carriageway!

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭youneverknow

lads a speed limit is not a target, if people keep on trying to hit the speed limit then accidents will happen, think about how ye are driving especially in bad weather

• Advertisement

Yawn

lads a speed limit is not a target, if people keep on trying to hit the speed limit then accidents will happen, think about how ye are driving especially in bad weather

If the speed limit is 120km/h, the majority of vehicles are doing 110km/h and you are doing 80km/h, who is causing most danger?

Just ignore them, they're one of the trolls/nimbys from the Motors forum. They're not worth engaging with, as their complete ignorance of the actual content of the thread demonstrates.

I bet they are a cyclist :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Lets try and keep this thread on topic please

• Advertisement

If the speed limit is 120km/h, the majority of vehicles are doing 110km/h and you are doing 80km/h, who is causing most danger?

the person that is driving too fast to cope with the unexpected

the person that is driving too fast to cope with the unexpected

I thought we were going to keep this on topic

Took em a whole week to come up with that genius reply.

Took em a whole week to come up with that genius reply.

I would'nt even lower myself:p

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Have we wandered into the wrong lane again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Its ridiculous because some people think its 100km/h and they travel in the fast lane not knowing they can do 120km/h which leads to overtaking on the inside lane.

There's no "fast lane". It's the overtaking lane.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

For America but....

190887.jpg

Anyone know what caused the hold up this morning? I was bikin it, pissed off thousands of car dwellers filtering thru them.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

Anyone know what caused the hold up this morning? I was bikin it, pissed off thousands of car dwellers filtering thru them.

There was a 3 car pile up between the little island exit, and the tunnel.

It must have happened very early, because two of the cars were spun right across the road, and would have collected more cars if it was busy.

The guards had it down to one lane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

It was a five car smash spread across all three lanes, with three cars very badly damaged. Happened just about 8; I passed just as the emergency services arrived. Given the location (between Little Island and the tunnel), my presumption is that the accident was likely due to some moron skipping down the queue for the tunnel and then stopping in the middle lane to try and get into the line. I see this horrifically dangerous practice there frequently (and at Kinsale Rd roundabout). Of course, this passed over the heads of all the idiot drivers who witnessed this yesterday as this morning there was again a hold up on all three lanes - due to people stopped in the middle lane trying to jump into the tunnel queue in the left lane.:rolleyes:

Someone is going to get killed one of these days doing that.

It was a five car smash spread across all three lanes, with three cars very badly damaged. Happened just about 8; I passed just as the emergency services arrived. Given the location (between Little Island and the tunnel), my presumption is that the accident was likely due to some moron skipping down the queue for the tunnel and then stopping in the middle lane to try and get into the line. I see this horrifically dangerous practice there frequently (and at Kinsale Rd roundabout). Of course, this passed over the heads of all the idiot drivers who witnessed this yesterday as this morning there was again a hold up on all three lanes - due to people stopped in the middle lane trying to jump into the tunnel queue in the left lane.:rolleyes:

I was thinking the exact thing this morning. Morons.

I was thinking the exact thing this morning. Morons.
    Think there may have been a crash there again alright this morning as it took a friend an hour to get through. Speculating a bit now but it seems that the queues at the tunnel the last two days may be related to the council reducing the 'green light' time from the Midleton side to about five seconds. Intelligent!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

my presumption is that the accident was likely due to some moron skipping down the queue for the tunnel and then stopping in the middle lane to try and get into the line. I see this horrifically dangerous practice there frequently (and at Kinsale Rd roundabout).

See this the whole time on the other side of the carrigeway, people flying down the overtaking lane and then trying to cross over 2 lanes to head in to Midleton. Saw a guy one day actually stop in the overtaking lane trying to get into the Midleton exit as the traffic in the driving lane was so heavy. Only for the guys behind being so clued in it could have caused a pile up.

Carrig is the absolute worst for that, entire streams of idiots cruising in the overtaking lane all the way from Cork, diving across to Carrig at the last minute. The entire road clears after that junction, it's like every bad driver in Cork lives there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

Don't forget the "merge to the overtaking lane", much the same thing in reverse. Most common on the exit from Cobh/Carrigtwohill.

dahamsta wrote: »
    Carrig is the absolute worst for that, entire streams of idiots cruising in the overtaking lane all the way from Cork, diving across to Carrig at the last minute. The entire road clears after that junction, it's like every bad driver in Cork lives there.

To be fair now, they could be using that exit to get to cob-h....where all the worlds bad drivers live..

To be fair now, they could be using that exit to get to cob-h....where all the worlds bad drivers live..

Hoi! :mad::mad::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Especially the ones driving big Luxobarges....:pac:

• Advertisement

Forgot about that.

Still haven't heard anything back from the council. Sent a request for an update last Friday, no reply.

Advertisement