Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Soccer

Options
  • 08-01-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭

I would like to know why i was banned from the Soccer thread. I logged in and was reading the Man city/Man utd thread and was witnessing pages and pages of abuse directed towards players and ref. There were no mods stopping this, it continued and continued, other posters asked the questions where were the mods, still no sign.

When the match was over(or near over), a mod comes on giving a warning headed "enough is enough" -

I question why he waited so long to give a mod warning and my post gets deleted and i'm banned.

I had reported on nuermous occasions the rubbish and abuse in the thread and nothing was being done, so what is the point of a report button if people can repeatly post abuse?

Frisbee wrote:
    Hi Ace2007,

You have been banned from Soccer for the following duration:

1 Month(s)

for the following reason:

If you have a problem with moderation take it to PM or Dispute Resolution. Not on thread.

Providing your ban is not permanent, it will be lifted automatically after 1 Month(s). You will get an automatic message informing you that the ban is lifted. If you do not receive this message after the allotted time, please PM a moderator to clarify.

Bans occur after a serious rules breach so please keep in mind that Moderators don't just decide to ban people out of the blue. If you wish to appeal this ban, please follow our Dispute Resolution Process here. Your first action should always be to PM the Moderator(s) of the forum to discuss the ban. Remember that our Mods are volunteers and are not always online, so they may not be able to answer you straight away.

All the best,
    boards.ie
    Originally Posted by Thanx 4 The Fish

[MOD HAT]

All.

As you should already be aware, abuse is in breach of the charter, as is back seat modding and accusations of abuse. If the thread continues along the lines that is has done so far then it will be closed permanently next time.

[/MOD HAT]

Match is over, this is stupid saying it now, How many reports did you get during the match?

Why didn't you post this during the match?

How many banning/infractions have been given out for posts in this thread?

YOUR MODDING OF THIS THREAD HAS BEEN A JOKE IMO, some chap in the FF thread got an infraction for calling a player a "twat", i witnessed poster after poster after poster abusing the REF,PLAYERS,MANAGERS,INTERVIEWS AND GUYS DISCUSSING THE GAME ON TV.

Quote:
    Policy on Abuse

The rules on abuse apply to more than just boards users, and cover players/managers/fans/clubs/sports personalities as well. You may consider certain terms to be a bit of banter, but any nickname or phrase that is even vaguely derogatory may be considered as abuse for the purpose of the charter.

No doubt you'll ban me for this, which will highlight my point even more.

Is it simply one rule for one poster and a different for another. I get auto banned, but others get nothing.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Have you sent the mod a PM...?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Dub13 wrote: »
    Have you sent the mod a PM...?

Yes i asked him if he could answer my questions via PM - he said no. he also said he just logged in when i asked him who was the mod on during the day.

also i would like it to be pointed out to be what exactly is abusvie in my post above?
    Me saying the modding is a joke in a fair comment - if the whole thread was read, you can seem numerous posters asking where are the mods.

One guy got a 10 day warning for calling Rooney shek, another guy called kolarov a donkey and nothing was given - that to me is inconsitency.

and why does my simple questioning warrant a 1 month ban.

Right so lets break this down.
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    I logged in and was reading the Man city/Man utd thread and was witnessing pages and pages of abuse directed towards players and ref. There were no mods stopping this, it continued and continued, other posters asked the questions where were the mods, still no sign.

When the match was over(or near over), a mod comes on giving a warning headed "enough is enough" -

I question why he waited so long to give a mod warning and my post gets deleted and i'm banned.

I had reported on nuermous occasions the rubbish and abuse in the thread and nothing was being done, so what is the point of a report button if people can repeatly post abuse?

Mods are volunteers who give up there free time to help keep the forum running smoothly.To expect them to be online 24/7 is simply unrealistic,so we are going to have gaps in coverage.Even if we had 4/5 mods on permanently it would not help much with an event like today when it all kicks off.

Your reaction to a mod coming online was not helpful at all,I would liken it to the police arriving at the scene of a crime to be meet by someone asking them why they were not here when it happened.As I said this was not helpful and added to the workload of the already under pressure mods.
    I would like to know why i was banned from the Soccer thread.

Here are the reasons for your ban.

1)Back seat modding.
    2)Misuse of the Reported Post system
    3)Abuse of users.
    4)Getting two yellows on one thread.
    5)Debating moderation in threads.

It has also been noted and I am sure does not help that you are abusive with the mods when dealing with them via PM.I think all things considered the ban is sound and I will not be overturning it.

Here are the reasons for your ban.
    1)Back seat modding.

Mod on duty was didn't handly the sitution, he wait till match was oner(despite being online earlier) to make the statement "enough is enough", this implies that he knew what was going on but was letting it slide. i simple questoin him. HE DID NOT BAN ME THOUGH.
    2)Misuse of the Reported Post system

Please explain and give examples of this. This is a lie. The function is to report abusive posts. Please show me one example where i report a non-abusvie post.
    3)Abuse of users.

Again please show be this abuse. (The comment regarding modding being a joke cannot be regarded as abuse, since this is in fact true when you read the thread in full)
    4)Getting two yellows on one thread.

2 yellows in how many minutes? - go back and check how many posters got bans for 2 yellows by the MODS ON DUTY
    5)Debating moderation in threads.

Detabting? - are you sure it was not me like others asking where mods are and then when one arrived at full time asking him why warning wasn't given earlier on? Did others get a warning?
    It has also been noted and I am sure does not help that you are abusive with the mods when dealing with them via PM.I think all things considered the ban is sound and I will not be overturning it.

Please post my abusive pm's.

The mod in question told me it is ok to call someone a donkey, but not shrek.

I also think this post was way out of line, but of course he is a mod and will get away with it.
    . If you stop talking about Pool now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

You have been warned.

The example of the police, if one was sitting around the corner and knew there was conflicit on the other street and that people were calling for help and did nothing then yes i would give out to them. I also can guarantee you that the general public and media would slate this said police and action would be taken to prevant it happening again. It's not as if a mod wasn't on the thread during the game - THERE WAS.

I note also i asked you to point on my abusive comment and you didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,568 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I also think this post was way out of line, but of course he is a mod and will get away with it.

**Cleared it with Dub to reply to this**

It was a quote from Taken. I wasn't actually threatening to kill anyone, as I'm pretty sure most of the forum realised.

• Advertisement

Frisbee wrote: »
    **Cleared it with Dub to reply to this**

It was a quote from Taken. I wasn't actually threatening to kill anyone, as I'm pretty sure most of the forum realised.

Shrek is a cartoon figure but it still warrants a 10 day warning.

The person you directed that attached towards didn't thank your post.

you ended your post saying it was a warning.

you see you are trying to defend your post, i'll quote your the rules of the forum.
    You may consider certain terms to be a bit of banter, but any nickname or phrase that is even vaguely derogatory may be considered as abuse for the purpose of the charter.

So you threating to kill someone is accpetable but calling someone shrek isn't despite both being "banter"

Can i get an Admin to confirm this for me, so that i know in future that this is accpetable? or is it again another example of one rule for one and a different for another?

There is no justification banning me for 1 month when this is acceptable and goes unpunished.

it has been over 24 hours and you still have not provided evidence of where i reported someone for non-abuse posts. you claim i abused mods in pm - agian there is no evidence supplied. I ask Dub13 to back up these claims or apoligise for making this up.

Admins - i find it way out of line that a mods can make these allegations and then refusee to answer then either here or my pm as requested. agian i see dub13 gave premission to frisbee to defend his post, premission means frisbee asked, - which is agianst the character here, Dub should have asked Frisbee.

it has been over 24 hours and you still have not provided evidence of where i reported someone for non-abuse posts. you claim i abused mods in pm - agian there is no evidence supplied. I ask Dub13 to back up these claims or apoligise for making this up.

Admins - i find it way out of line that a mods can make these allegations and then refusee to answer then either here or my pm as requested. agian i see dub13 gave premission to frisbee to defend his post, premission means frisbee asked, - which is agianst the character here, Dub should have asked Frisbee.

As I told you in the PM once you ask for an Admin to look into this I no longer post as its in there hands.You asked why you were banned,I went and had a look at the thread on the soccer mods forum and gave the reasons here.Its as simple as that.Frisbee is on a road trip so will be out of circulation for a few days.

One other point,Firsbee said...**Cleared it with Dub to reply to this** this is standard operating proceeder here.

I asked for you to provide evidence before i asked for an admin.
    You gave premission or you asked (which was it?) for fressbi to post on the thread, after i asked for evidence, which shows that you were online/aware of my post.

i don't see what difference it makes for fressbie to be away, you make a claim i abused a mod via pm, you should have the evidence and i would like to see this.

You make a claim regarding mis use of the report button - please show this where i reported a non abusive post?

I'm sure you could get premission from an Admin to post this if needed or is it a case they these are in fact lies?

You gave premission or you asked (which was it?) for fressbi to post on the thread, after i asked for evidence, which shows that you were online/aware of my post.

Frisbee sent me a PM asking me to clear up about the quote from taken,I replied that I was on the phone and would do when I get to a PC,I then added feel free to engage on thread if you wish.

So no big conspiracy here.

i don't see what difference it makes for fressbie to be away, you make a claim i abused a mod via pm, you should have the evidence and i would like to see this.

I dont have access to the PMs as they were not sent to me,I am going by the soccer mods forum were this was posted about you 'Yeah he gave me dogs abuse for infracting him'.The point I was making is I am sure this was taken into consideration when looking at your actions.
    You make a claim regarding mis use of the report button - please show this where i reported a non abusive post?

I'm sure you could get premission from an Admin to post this if needed or is it a case they these are in fact lies?

Again I am going by looking at the soccer mod forum,any Admin can check this in 2 min.You have asked for an Admin to look at this,I don't see what you cant wait ontill one does instead of trying to moody the waters and confuse the issue.

• Advertisement

Frisbee sent me a PM asking me to clear up about the quote from taken,I replied that I was on the phone and would do when I get to a PC,I then added feel free to engage on thread if you wish.

So no big conspiracy here.

I dont have access to the PMs as they were not sent to me,I am going by the soccer mods forum were this was posted about you 'Yeah he gave me dogs abuse for infracting him'.The point I was making is I am sure this was taken into consideration when looking at your actions.

Abuse for infracting him?

i got a "You have received an infraction at boards.ie " message at15:37
    i got a "Banned from Soccer " message at 15:39

My first pm to him was at 15:45, so the above statement in bold is a lie.

Therefore i was banned before any pm was sent.

See what's happening now - you are making stuff up - tiring yourself in a knot.

Again I am going by looking at the soccer mod forum,any Admin can check this in 2 min.You have asked for an Admin to look at this,I don't see what you cant wait ontill one does instead of trying to moody the waters and confuse the issue.

Confuse the issue i am not.
    How about you remove your claims of abuse until you have the "evidence", becuase you sir have made claims about that are total lies.

Your problem here is you are assuming I was talking about Firsbee as the mod who was abused,I am not and AGAIN any Admin can check this in 2 min.

Again you have asked an Admin to look into this so not much else I can say.

Your problem here is you are assuming I was talking about Firsbee as the mod who was abused,I am not and AGAIN any Admin can check this in 2 min.

I quote
    he gave me dogs abuse for infracting him'

Frisbee infracted me, so is the above incorrect? as in "he" has to be "Frisbee" as he was the one who infracted me. My first pm to anyone on this issue was at 15:45.

You keep saying 2 minutes, however other threads have been started after mine and an Admin has commneted on but not this one.

The case here is simple, you are takin one person's word over another, and you won't provide backup.

I pm'd one mod - Frisbee

So initially you said i was abusive towards a mod via PM
    But now you are saying it was not Frisbee who i was abusive towards.
    But i've only PM Freisbee (apart form yourself later on).

So are you now changing your stories, if this was an open and shut case (you keep saying takes 2 mins) an Admin would have just given some sort of update by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Frisbee, much of a fan of Liam Neeson as I am, using that exact quote might not be the best of ideas - I'd recommend you curtail its use, particularly given the fractious nature of the Soccer forum.

Ace2007 has reported a lot of posts recently, so it's certainly longer than a two minute job. The quote I did find that might be relevant in the Reported Posts forum is this one:
    putting a mod warning in on the FIRST POST of the thread in laughable since no one ever looks there.

It's abuse albeit pretty tame taken solo - is there more context? I'd appreciate any direct links to any other relevant threads, as well as a brief summary of any other pertinant issues if anyone can provide that.

Ace2007, is the following a direct quote from what you said to any of the mods?
    Match is over, this is stupid saying it now, How many reports did you get during the match?

Why didn't you post this during the match?

How many banning/infractions have been given out for posts in this thread?

YOUR MODDING OF THIS THREAD HAS BEEN A JOKE IMO, some chap in the FF thread got an infraction for calling a player a "twat", i witnessed poster after poster after poster abusing the REF,PLAYERS,MANAGERS,INTERVIEWS AND GUYS DISCUSSING THE GAME ON TV.

The above is what i said on the thread, it is also included on one of my posts on the first page, and also included in a pm where i asked frisbee could he answer my questions via pm if not on thread.

Trojan - is it possible for you to remove Dub's claims of a abusing a mod via pm(he said the mod i abused was not frisbee - but this is the only mod i have pm'd(except dub))) therefore this is a total lie.

Trojan - is it possible for you to remove Dub's claims of a abusing a mod via pm(he said the mod i abused was not frisbee - but this is the only mod i have pm'd(except dub))) therefore this is a total lie.

I won't remove his claim, but given the evidence I have seen so far, I don't currently believe it to be true. Dub13 is free to PM you a retraction of his claim, and if he believes it to be incorrect I'd recommend he do so.
    The above is what i said on the thread

That kind of abuse is not accepted on any forum on this site. If you have a problem, you must make your complaints politely or not at all.

Ban upheld.

Trojan wrote: »
    I won't remove his claim, but given the evidence I have seen so far, I don't currently believe it to be true. Dub13 is free to PM you a retraction of his claim, and if he believes it to be incorrect I'd recommend he do so.

That kind of abuse is not accepted on any forum on this site. If you have a problem, you must make your complaints politely or not at all.

Ban upheld.

So you have found no evidence i abused a mod (that wasn't Frisbee (despite not absuing him either) via PM and you will not remove it from here? Is that not defamation of character? I would like an answer to this.

THE BAN DOESN'T MATTER ANY MORE AS I WILL NOT BE ENTERING THE FOURM WHEN THIS ABUSE AND ALLEGATIONS ALL GOES UNPUNISHED AND IS ALLOWED BY AN ADMIN (SINCE YOU WILL NOT REMOVE IT). PLEASE POST YOUR ANSWER ON THIS THREAD.

Can you please show me where i debated with a mod, i asked a question - does this now constitute a debate?

Can you also show me how i would make my complain politely on thread so that i would not have recieve a ban, please show me this as i can do it in future.

After a good look into this I do have to withdraw my claims that you sent an abusive PM and offer an apology.There was no conspiracy here it was simply a case of a mod getting an abusive PM from a user with a similar user name as yourself around the same time,as I said the mods were inundated around this time as it all kicked off.

I should have checked it out first but was eager to close this off asap.

Thanks Dub13.

I've seen the PM to the mod - it's from a user with a similar name. I'm recommending that this ban be reduced to 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement