Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing batteries in wireless contacts

• 08-01-2012 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I've had a GTi wireless alarm system installed from a company called network solutions for a few years now and getting warnings on panel about low battery on the contacts/sensors. I have set system to bypass tamper but when I go to try to open the sensors themselves I can't, front part of sensor does not detach for some reason, I don't want to force it! Doesn't seem so straight forward..Any ideas?

Thanks
    K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,756 ✭✭✭✭altor

kolehan wrote: »
    Hi,

I've had a GTi wireless alarm system installed from a company called network solutions for a few years now and getting warnings on panel about low battery on the contacts/sensors. I have set system to bypass tamper but when I go to try to open the sensors themselves I can't, front part of sensor does not detach for some reason, I don't want to force it! Doesn't seem so straight forward..Any ideas?

Thanks
    K

Can you post a picture of the sensor. Some have a base fitted to the frame which the sensor needs to be removed from before you can open the sensor to get at the battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 kolehan

Will do, I'll get a pic and will get back to you. Thanks

Hi again,

I've uploaded two pics, one straing on the other from the side.

Thanks again and looking forward to feedback.

K

Yes the base is installed, push the sensor up to release it off the base cover.
    The battery is inside the main unit.

Thanks for that, just got around to checking for reply now. I'll give that a go. All the best

-k

• Advertisement

Thanks for that, just got around to checking for reply now. I'll give that a go. All the best

-k

Your welcome, any other problems let us know.

Hi again, tried to push the sensor upwards but it simply won't budge. I've tried a few of them but they're all the same. Any ideas?

Thanks
    -K

Thought it might be easier if you got it off the base.

Looking where you see the light, at the bottom of this is the release in the middle for the top cover. Between the lid and the middle base there is a lip on the middle cover. Using a flat head screw driver carefully prise the lid out, only a fraction as you will break lip under this that holds on the lid if you go to far. You will see what I mean when doing this.
    When you have it prised out a fraction you will feel the lip that holds on the cover. Then without a screw driver the lid should come off the rest of the way.

Any problems let us know.

Great, I'll give it another go following your instructions and hopefully that will do the trick. I'll let you know either way.

Thanks again,
    -K

Great, I'll give it another go following your instructions and hopefully that will do the trick. I'll let you know either way.

Thanks again,
    -K

Your welcome,

As I said, be very careful as if you do break the lip you will need to replace the cover.

• Advertisement
Advertisement