Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor picture quality

Options
  • 08-01-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi there,
    I recently bought a samsung UE40D5520 tv, the picture is ok watching UPC but wen I play the Xbox the quality is terrible, blocky, pixilated and looks like playstation 2!! Not wat I was expecting at all as it looks beter on the 22 inch flat screen I used to play on, I have it hooked up with a hdmi cable
    Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Have you got the console set to more than 480p in the console settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Meesared wrote: »
    Have you got the console set to more than 480p in the console settings?

Exactly, go into the display settings on the console and choose either 720p or 1080p

• Registered Users Posts: 40 adenaden

Ye I have tried that, the console is set to 720 if I set it to 1080i it doesn't work at all the screen becomes completely distorted and weird, I'm wondering if it could be the console itself? Or could it be the hdmi cable? Do different cables giv a different picture? I also Hooked up a Bly ray DVD player, the quality isn't great for this either I was watching tron and there was so much blurring it was almost impossible to watch but then I watched Madagascar 2 and it was brilliantly clear, at a loss because iv messed around with all the settings??

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭MiniNukinfuts

Have you another HDMI cable to try?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

when the xbox is connected press the info button on the remote,
    it should display what resolution the tv is receiving, let us know what it is,

also if the tv has a game picture mode you should enable that when playing the xbox,
    and looking a the spec of that tv its 1080p, you should have your xbox set to output 1080p aswell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 adenaden

when the xbox is connected press the info button on the remote,
    it should display what resolution the tv is receiving, let us know what it is,

also if the tv has a game picture mode you should enable that when playing the xbox,
    and looking a the spec of that tv its 1080p, you should have your xbox set to output 1080p aswell

The info button says 1920 x1080@60 hz
    I think it's running Ok now since I messed around with some settings and these things and it seems to have helped alrite, only problem is now wen I watch sky go on the tv through the Xbox there is considerable flickering on the screen? Is this because sky go only supports 720p wen I put it back on 720 from 1080 it stops this, bit annoying swiching them but I can live with it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Yeah Sky go is 720P

Advertisement