Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Everton - Wed 11th 19:45

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Coleman had a great game last time out, let's hope he doesn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah that would sort of make up for us missing Parker ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Kompany ban upheld , he will now miss our game:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Bad Kompany

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

You'll pick up a stream here (1hr before the game)....
    http://www.wiziwig.tv/broadcast.php?matchid=138091&part=sports

Gonna be tough without Parker and Sandro.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

Live in Mayes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Would be a lot more confident if Parker was fit. Not a game for Livermore, think it would be to intense for him, especially if everton pack the midfield as expected. Pienaar in CM? not ideal at all but more experienced than Livermore.

If King did make it and Parker doesnt, King and Daws at the back with Kaboul sitting in front? Either way, its not going to be comfortable at all without Parker.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

This is going to be a really tough game hopefully we score early and settle our nerves.
    Then it'd be great if we could win by a few to help the GD scrappy 1-0 would do though.

Extended highlights are being shown at 11:00 on Sky Sports 1.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Extended highlights are being shown at 11:00 on Sky Sports 1.

Cheers for that.
    The missus got me tickets to Dara O'Brien in Vicar St tonight so I'm not going to be able to follow the game LIVE!

• Advertisement

Cheers for that.
    The missus got me tickets to Dara O'Brien in Vicar St tonight so I'm not going to be able to follow the game LIVE!

How inconsiderate. You'd think she'd check with you first whether there's an important Spurs match on first! ;)

I know! He was on last night too but we didnt get tickets for that because desperate houswives is on, on a Tuesday night! Pffft!

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

If he has to play Livermore then he just needs to keep things simple, no Hollywood passes or careless tackles. He’s a little naïve at times, but I don’t think he’s the worst player in the world.

What did we ever do without Parker? Everton have major doubts over key players too, there a sticky team and don’t give up without a fight.

It’ll be a dogged game, I’ll go for a narrow win as we've not beaten them in a while. And no more injuries please!

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

i dont want to see livermore for this match.

i would think of playing kaboul in CM if gallas and dawson are fit for CB - i have no faith in livermore im afraid - not yet anyway

I'm the same but Gallas is definitely out, so we'd have to go with Bassong and Dawson. It might work, but I wouldn't be that keen on it.

I just don't think Livermore offers enough to start in a game like this. He has never impressed in important games, and I don't know whether that's because he's nervous or just doesn't have the talent, but Harry obviously rates him. The sooner Thudd & Parker are back to full fitness the better.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

With King and Gallas out, we need Kaboul to stay at CB. Dawson will be rusty, as he's been out for the last 4 months. Not conceding is more just as important as scoring (obviously :P). I'd rather see Livermore in CM then moving our only regular CB out of position.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

I'm surprised at all the support for Kaboul in midfield.

Livermore has always looked reasonably tidy to me and he needs games to progress.

If we're not gonna play him even when our other midfielders are injured there is no point in having him at all.

Kaboul is no midfielder for me. He has decent control, but in a lumbering centre back manner. He is definitely more of a Richard Dunne than a Paul McGrath.

Ormus wrote: »

Livermore has always looked reasonably tidy to me and he needs games to progress.

If we're not gonna play him even when our other midfielders are injured there is no point in having him at all.

Kaboul is no midfielder for me. He has decent control, but in a lumbering centre back manner. He is definitely more of a Richard Dunne than a Paul McGrath.

Livermore has the makings of being a decent player in a few years...maybe? Redknapp must rate him otherwise he would of been loaned out, did Westham not enquire about his services at one point.

I think we're all a little nervous seeing as if we win tonight were 3 points off top spot. Livermore hasn't had much game time, it's an important game so it's only natural to want a more experienced player to start ahead of him.

I'd personally play him, if he's having a mare then off you go son.

Livermore has the makings of being a decent player in a few years...maybe? Redknapp must rate him otherwise he would of been loaned out, did Westham not enquire about his services at one point.

I think we're all a little nervous seeing as if we win tonight were 3 points off top spot. Livermore hasn't had much game time, it's an important game so it's only natural to want a more experienced player to start ahead of him.

I'd personally play him, if he's having a mare then off you go son.

I agree it's an important game and naturally we want an experienced midfielder, but Kaboul is not an experienced midfielder. I would argue that Livermore has much more experience there than Kaboul, and also much more ability to play the role.

Not saying he will be up to the task of playing against Everton, who have some very good midfielders, but definitely a better option that Kaboul.

If he is having a mare, I would throw Pienaar in, or else take a risk on Parker if he is in any shape.

Its going to be a serious test of HR tactical skills.
    Just look at evertons MF and its all grafters and tacklers and ball winners, then look at ours. Jayzus.

I'd take a similar performance and result as the WBA game and run a mile with it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Anyone going ?
    Massive game..

Hope it's a better atmosphere than West Brom, thought that was a bit flat

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I really will pray to god that we win tonight. It's such a huge test and it's the biggest three points at this stage of the season that I can ever remember.

I'm going for the worst 1-0 win of all time, Dawson to play a blinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Ormus wrote: »

lumbering centre back? I think kaboul is a million miles away from lumbering.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Is the match on any TV channels?

mushykeogh wrote: »
    lumbering centre back? I think kaboul is a million miles away from lumbering.

I don't mean he is lumbering for a centre back.

I mean that when he plays in midfield he looks lumbering like a centre back.

Not as lumbering as Gary Doherty but a long way from Yaya Toure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Should be a good game. 11/4 for the draw is a good bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Game will be on www.lshunter.tv

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭RoboClam

http://www.skysports.com/football/match_preview/0,,11065_3467372,00.html
    Possible starting XIs
    Tottenham: Friedel, Walker, Dawson, Kaboul, Assou-Ekotto, Pienaar, Modric, Livermore, Van der Vaart, Defoe, Adebayor.

If true, this is worrying. Why are Bale and Lennon not included?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

If that is the line up i'd be tempted to stick €20 on Everton. That's an awful team. We'll be steam rolled in midfield.

Advertisement