Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Everton - Wed 11th 19:45

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,162 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Fantastic win today. Really good squad performance, and some great individual. Brilliant to see Dawson and Lennon back, and they both had really good games. Defense was solid, and they rarely looked like opening us up. Really impressed with Livermore as well. To slot in so comfortably, especially when we were so worried about him, is fantastic.

Massive 3 points, and joint 2nd now.

Come on your Spurs!! :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Such a great time to be a spurs fan!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Great performance. You'd never know Dawson was only back. He and Kaboul worked great together, rock solid. So many had great games, Livermore, Bale, VDV, BAE, Modric. The weeks rest has really done us good. COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Another excellent 3 points.

Need to keep the home form going, it's gonna be so important.

Beat wolves and we are motoring going to manchester.

COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Happy f'ing days! I agree with those who thought Livermore had a good game, I was surprised. Strong in the tackle, and actually looked quite like Sandro on occasion. What great strength in depth we have.

One thing, was Defoe injured? Why did Pav come on instead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Great result again tonight. Hard to pick a man of the match, I would probably give it to Dawson.

Plus Man City lost again and were very poor. They are really going to struggle without Kompany and the Toure brothers.

If ever we have a chance of winning the league then this is it.

SuprSi wrote: »
    Why did Pav come on instead of him.

He's a different type of player than defoe, more of a focal point than JD.
    In the shop window ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Yeah that's what I was thinking. Hopefully JD will get a good run against Wolves.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Cracking result for us tonight - played well without being top class .. just so solid .. Dawson again immense - Livermore was solid in the middle of the park.. Overall who would have thought we would be joint top after the first 2 games of the season .. Ade to score against Wolves !!! COYS !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭cranks

Nice win. Only saw 25 mins of 1st half but judging by comments here and listening to radio here now, seems like it was a pretty solid performance all round. Me too beginning to seriously entertain thoughts of a title challenge here which, I must admit, makes me a little emotional!

Here's one for you that I just heard on BBC Radio London (which is, BTW, the best for Spurs games commentaries):
    If Spurs finish 4th and have to play a qualifier for the CL they wont be able to play home leg within 200 miles of London because of the Olympics.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

That's gonna be a huge problem for Chelsea :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Leinstersqspur

I can only imagine Doug Livermore watching the game when the commentator said "Livermore has been good, so good you Spurs don't even miss Scott Parker"

Great shift by the young lad, certainly repaying Redknapp's faith in him.

Whats the craic with Adebayor, can't stick the ball in the net?!

Defoe's a must start against Wolves so he's sharp for the City game (no Adebayor for that one). Unless we sign Remy;)

coys!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Jake Livermore Well played young man, well played.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

99 - Jake Livermore completed 99% of his passes in tonight's game and won all 3 of the tackles he attempted. Admirable.

@Optaspurs

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭larry1

Whats the craic with Adebayor, can't stick the ball in the net?!

coys!

Agree, finishing has been poor of late.

larry1 wrote: »
    Agree, finishing has been poor of late.

He's keeping them for the big games ;)

If we draw against Wolves at the weekend we will have gained the same number of points against teams in the bottom half of the table as we did in the whole of last year.

Also we are really holding back on letting in that 1000th premier league goal!

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭kakee

Hatch99 wrote: »
    He's keeping them for the big games ;)
    They are all big games. The biggest yet against city and he wont even be playing.

kakee wrote: »
    They are all big games. The biggest yet against city and he wont even be playing.

The really big games ;) he'll score against united at home and the goons away, you heard it here first

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Absolutely delighted with that win,VDV is putting in a great effort in the last couple of games.super goal from Benny,hopefully we'll get 3 more points from the Wolves game next weekend.I wonder will Harry start Defoe in that game and give VDV a rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭wellboys

Brilliant result! Was a bit nervy thinking they could be a bogey team, but no need! Cracker of a pass from Benny for Lennon's goal, and a stunner of a strike himself! Took a slight deflection of Cahills arse:pac: but it was always goin in!:p
    I was hugely impressed with Livermore seems to a great backup for Sandro or Parker.
    Beat Wolves and we go joint top until City play Monday night!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

Lets beat wolves on saturday and all roads lead to wastelands sunday week , we owe those fcukers one bigtime.

Disappointed not to see JD getting a run tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

BERBA wrote: »
    Lets beat wolves on saturday and all roads lead to wastelands sunday week , we owe those fcukers one bigtime.

Disappointed not to see JD getting a run tonight.

Agreed!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Only caught the highlights on Sky late last night. So many good performances. Delighted to see Dawson back, like a lot have said here it looked like he’d never been away. I know VDV can come in for a lot of criticism at times and rightly so, but there’s not many players in our squad who can see a pass and deliver it on the money.

Livermore was very impressive, forward thinking player who I really hope excels at Tottenham and isn’t throw down a division on loan never to be seen again. Anyone know of Bostock’s whereabouts?? Kid supposedly has/had immense talent! Adebayor has been off the boil for a while, he works hard for the team but at the end of the day he’s here to score goals which he currently isn’t doing. Should we buy him come the end of his loan deal? He’s a class act so I’m sure he’ll prove me wrong.

It’s been quite on the Modric front regarding a new and improved contract, possibly waiting till the end of the season to fully commit. He himself must realise were only really short on buying a world class striker guaranteed 20 goals a season to regularly challenge?

For me the most important aspect is for Redknapp to remain as manager. The team is performing as a team should do with no bad apples to upset the balance. Every game from here on out is massive, I’m not going to predict where we might finish come the end of the season, I just enjoy watching Spurs play.

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Only caught the highlights on Sky late last night. So many good performances. Delighted to see Dawson back, like a lot have said here it looked like he’d never been away. I know VDV can come in for a lot of criticism at times and rightly so, but there’s not many players in our squad who can see a pass and deliver it on the money.

Livermore was very impressive, forward thinking player who I really hope excels at Tottenham and isn’t throw down a division on loan never to be seen again. Anyone know of Bostock’s whereabouts?? Kid supposedly has/had immense talent! Adebayor has been off the boil for a while, he works hard for the team but at the end of the day he’s here to score goals which he currently isn’t doing. Should we buy him come the end of his loan deal? He’s a class act so I’m sure he’ll prove me wrong.

It’s been quite on the Modric front regarding a new and improved contract, possibly waiting till the end of the season to fully commit. He himself must realise were only really short on buying a world class striker guaranteed 20 goals a season to regularly challenge?

For me the most important aspect is for Redknapp to remain as manager. The team is performing as a team should do with no bad apples to upset the balance. Every game from here on out is massive, I’m not going to predict where we might finish come the end of the season, I just enjoy watching Spurs play.

He's still with us alright, playing in the planned reserve games and under age games, bit of a jenas though , not sure he'll make it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭yiddo59

comfortable win didnt have to get out of 2nd gear.

btw watching the game in the pub when Benny was lining up his shot a friend of mine yelled "FFS Benny whatya doing?" :D
    Seconds later ..................

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

That's as good a performance as we could have hoped for, so controlled and ruthless, against a decent, experienced side.

Some relief that Livermore stepped up to the mark. I think he should start against Wolves even if Parker is fit. Purely to give Scotty a rest for the big games ahead.

I was starting to think VdV was too much of a luxury recently, but he really put in the hard yards tonight, looks fit and up for it, long may that continue.

Great to see Daws back and not even looking rusty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I too kept my phone switched off etc and watched the extended highlights on SS1. First thing I noticed was how much hard work VDV was putting in. About time!

I thought Livermore was quiet but effective. Thats a positive comment though. Great to know he can come in and do a job in Parkers/Sando absense and might even develop into something just as good.

Dunno why Pav was brought on, surely HR isnt thinking of playing Pav and VDV upfront for the Citeh game and leaving JD on the bench.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Dunno why Pav was brought on, surely HR isnt thinking of playing Pav and VDV upfront for the Citeh game and leaving JD on the bench.

It's January, he may be promoting him to try and offload him

Advertisement