Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new tractor tyres

• 08-01-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

is agri max a good make to put on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭stop thelights

There alrite i find them rough on the road. Pirelli are a way better tyre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Anyone ever go the north for tyres? Would it pay a lad if he was changing all four corners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Juniorhurler

6480 wrote: »

We have one on the front axle of a loader tractor. We find that it is wearing about 30% quicker than the one on the other side. Can't remember whats on the other side though, typical isn't it you'll remember the bad one but not the good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

in my opinion if ucould afford abetter make like goodyear,michelin e.t.c go for them.i have seen and worked tractors with agri.max.they will wear quicker and i believe the don,t perform as well in the field either.grip i mean in that.also i,de swear uhave more puntures with them.all that said if my budget did,nt stretch as far as the other ones mentioned i,de put them on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27 Donegal09

6480 wrote: »

We has a set on a tractor with a front loader and the front ones seemed to wear far too fast, even for the front loader! We still have the rear ones only because they were both punctured badly and had to get the vulcanized.. If your planning on getting the most time out of the tyres you'd probably be better spending a bit more and going for goodyears or continentals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

Muckit wrote: »
    Anyone ever go the north for tyres? Would it pay a lad if he was changing all four corners?

Muckit
    Something for you to read http://www.philipwhitetyres.com/ got two back 16.9 38 Semprit tyres of him last year best price I could get anywhere no vat when exported they seam to be wearing well but not much road work done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

we put a pair on the back of a ford 5000 last year because they were cheap. especially sinc ethis tractor only does 100-150 hours per year. they are 16.9 r 34. they grip excellently but mayby this is because we were used to bald tyres on it for years. obviously since this tractor does so little i will have to come back here in 20 years to tell how they are wearing since 95% of its work is on grass. its spreads all the fert and does the topping, spreading dung and any other dirty jobs so the bigger tractors dont rot/ get cow **** all over them. but ya we find them really grippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 mostatom

I got good value from Philip White tyres too, no Vat and very helpful. Just be aware that you have to take away your old tyres or they will charge you extra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 393 ✭✭strandsman

Attie wrote: »
    Muckit
    Something for you to read http://www.philipwhitetyres.com/ got two back 16.9 38 Semprit tyres of him last year best price I could get anywhere no vat when exported they seam to be wearing well but not much road work done.

tried to contact them today but cant get through, are they still open?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

strandsman wrote: »
    tried to contact them today but cant get through, are they still open?
    Strandman
    Should imagine so what part you in?? code for north 048 3752 5946 will get you Armagh.
    Attie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 GiveMeStrength

Has anyone any experience with BKT tyres ? I see they are made in India, I wonder are they any good ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

Has anyone any experience with BKT tyres ? I see they are made in India, I wonder are they any good ?

put two on front of a 35 today, be years to see if they wear well. they were cheap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭martin46585

Dupont wrote: »
    put two on front of a 35 today, be years to see if they wear well. they were cheap

Can I you did you get the tyres for the 35 locally, as I would like to replace all for on a 35, ......many thanks......

• Registered Users Posts: 35 GiveMeStrength

I got a price today. (18 4r 38) 650 euro plus vat. I thought they were expensive as they're not a brand I had heard of before. I haven't rang anyone else. Maybe they will turn into great value on Monday :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Dupont

Can I you did you get the tyres for the 35 locally, as I would like to replace all for on a 35, ......many thanks......

got them at gortnacarrow, out the cavan road of clones

Advertisement