Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many women shower after the gym?

• 08-01-2012 9:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

In the gym I go to hardly any women use the shower when they're finished. They just get off the treadmill or whatever and head straight out the door.

I rarely see any men do the same. Are women more embarrassed walking around a changing room with little or no clothes on?

Because one thing's for sure plenty of men don't mind walking around bollock naked.

Do you shower immediately after the gym? 162 votes

Woman - I shower when I go home.
    0% 0 votes
    Woman - I shower before I leave.
    31% 51 votes
    Man - I don't care.
    19% 32 votes
    Concentrate on the guns not the wimminz
    48% 79 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Women think they don't smell because no man is brave enough to tell them when they do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

If you stop lurking in the women's showers they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

this is an odd one, me being a man though cannot answer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I go straight home for my shower - gym is less than 10 minutes' drive away. I dunno... in my case it's not the naked thing so much as the preference of my own shower and comforts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

phoenix833 wrote: »
    In the gym I go to hardly any women use the shower when they're finished. They just get off the treadmill or whatever and head straight out the door.

I rarely see any men do the same. Are women more embarrassed walking around a changing room with little or no clothes on?

Not at all. It's just that women, being Creatures Of Darkness, are unworried by matter of hygiene.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Maybe they found your hidden camera...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Women walking around Bollock naked would not a pretty site make!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭MS.ing

I know, my spyhole is going to waste :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

Confab wrote: »
    If you stop lurking in the women's showers they will.

They blocked my peep hole...

Bastárds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

• Advertisement

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Women think they don't smell because no man is brave enough to tell them when they do.
    Women are brave enough to tell them though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I do the same I prefer to shower at home, less verrucas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭Alessandra

I prefer to cool down after the gym. I find if I have a shower straight away I'm still sweating after which defeats the purpose. I stroll home and have it there where I've everything I need at my fingertips.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Also is it not time we got over all this nonsense of womens changing rooms and mens changing rooms with the invention of the gays and whatnot, can we not just make unisex changing rooms?

Dudess wrote: »
    I go straight home for my shower - gym is less than 10 minutes' drive away. I dunno... in my case it's not the naked thing so much as the preference of my own shower and comforts.

i sometimes do that too, just nicer being at home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Sindri

It cause they want to go home and flick the bean off of themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Could I use the majority of female responses stating their preference to shower at home as an excuse if I get caught in the female changing rooms?

MugMugs wrote: »
    Could I use the majority of female responses stating their preference to shower at home as an excuse if I get caught in the female changing rooms?

Of course. Just say the mens ones were full with a whole bunch of bollock naked men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

Public showers are disgusting, people could be pissing in them or leaving verucca germs or God knows what. I'd always go home and shower there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

If you wash your hair its much handier to do at home, no staying there for ages drying or having to leave with wet hair. Its just cleaner at home in general.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

I don't go to the gym, I do my exercise outside. When I get back I'm roasting and sweaty, so I leave myself cool down for a bit, then shower.

My housemate goes to the gym, and I'm fairly sure he doesn't shower at the gym, and he doesn't when he gets home either. he does every morning but still

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

bluewolf wrote: »
    i sometimes do that too, just nicer being at home

You only shower sometimes?

I shower at the gym but I don't bother with my hair - far too messy.

Maybe the women's facilities at the OP's gym aren't good? There might be factors other than gender involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

My gym is a 20 minute walk from home. I use the walk to cool down, and then I have the added comfort of being at home and using all the nice smelly shower stuff I would never carry all the way into the gym!

Plus there are no hairdryers in the gym, and I'm not willing to buy another one and carry it to the gym every time I use it. Walking home for 20 minutes with wet hair is not an attractive prospect either.

I shower at the gym but I don't bother with my hair - far too messy.

Maybe the women's facilities at the OP's gym aren't good? There might be factors other than gender involved?

I just noticed a lot more women just head straight out after their workout.

The womens facilities are much the same as the mens I presume and I think they're good.

What's good for the goose...and so forth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I shared a house with a girl who would routinely arrive home from the gym not having showered. Problem was she wouldn't shower when she got home either.

Smelly bitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Because one thing's for sure plenty of men don't mind walking around bollock naked.

Instead of asking us, why not ask the wimminz in your gym ? Maybe stand close to them when asking...very,very close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭R.D. aka MR.D

I always wait to shower until I get home because its just so damn awkward showering in the gym. I hate being naked in front of strangers and so i just want to shower as quick as i can so its uncomfortable.

At least at home i can take a long shower and shampoo, condition and all the rest without worrying about whether the other woman is looking at me and judging me :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

Flip Flops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I will assure you if you don't shower after you workout you don't die.

I prefer to shower at home as my hair is a fussy bítch.
    Whatevers less hassle "I'm a woman and I don't care" in this vote.
    Oh no's! but the women they must be dainty and clean.
    although..
    It doesn't bother me seeing people walk out without showering but its another thing to take a go the jacks missus and not wash your hands, filthbag.

You get cold if you leave it too long though so I hit the shower asap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I always shower at the gym. Usually covered in sweat, mank!

I can see why many women don't shower at the gym though. Some may want to dry their hair (in many gyms you must pay for the use of hair dryers), use various face/hair products/shave. These would all be easier to do at home.

And most women I see at the gym do feck all anyway so wouldn't really need a shower.

saa wrote: »
    I will assure you if you don't shower after you workout you don't die.

You're joking:eek:
    saa wrote: »
    I prefer to shower at home as my hair is a fussy bítch.
    Whatevers less hassle "I'm a woman and I don't care" in this vote.
    Oh no's! but the women they must be dainty and clean.
    although..
    It doesn't bother me seeing people walk out without showering but its another thing to take a go the jacks missus and not wash your hands, filthbag

I never said it bothered me. More of an observation.

I don't judge anybody for not showering it just got me wondering for the women who don't shower what's the main reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sunnymar

probably a lot of women like to have: shampoo, conditioner, showergel, moistriser, facewash, moisturiser for your face. Hairbrush, leave in conditioner, hairdryer, straightener, make up and perfume.

Where a lot of men would be happy with showergel and deoderant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I always shower at the gym. Usually covered in sweat, mank!

I can see why many women don't shower at the gym though. Some may want to dry their hair (in many gyms you must pay for the use of hair dryers), use various face/hair products/shave. These would all be easier to do at home.

And most women I see at the gym do feck all anyway so wouldn't really need a shower.

Mental image of all the ladies looking in the mirror with a faceful of shaving foam on and a Mach3 in their hands :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Always showered after. I don't like the feeling of being sweaty then going outside, cooling down, then you've got cold sweaty stuff on ye :S

A quick wash down doesn't take long, fresh clothes, feel 100% :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

I always find it easier to work out around hot women. At my last gym, the women were smoking hot. You'd be pumping away trying to impress them (as if they even cared). Right now it's the opposite though. It's so uninspiring to jog on a treadmill behind some ould wan with a rear end like a Charolais bull.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Giselle

later10 wrote: »
    It's so uninspiring to jog on a treadmill behind some ould wan with a rear end like a Charolais bull.

I think the hefty auld wans are great for having a go and getting stuck in.

I always shower at the gym. The thought of getting dressed to go outdoors when I'm sweaty makes me retch. I just bring small sizes of the bare essentials with me and put all thoughts of being judged out of my head.

And its nice being able to collapse when you come in the door instead of having to hit the shower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,084 ✭✭✭oppenheimer1

Dudess wrote: »

Driving to the gym... reminds me of this

http://www.filehurricane.com/viewerthumbnails/411200892904AM_onlyinamerica.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 272 ✭✭Loopie

I simply cannot be arsed packing a bag, two towels, flip flops, shampoo, conditioner, moisturiser, fresh clothes, then leave with soaking wet hair and most probably still be sweaty due to the heat and humidity in the changing rooms, only to then jump in the car to drive 10/12 minutes home... No, I prefer to be able to head home, jump in my nice shower and change into my jammies and chill!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,411 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

i always thought that communal showers and droves of naked feckers walking about was a little gay myself so i just go home and shower, must be the same for the women :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40 RaoulPuke

sunnymar wrote: »
    probably a lot of women like to have: shampoo, conditioner, showergel, moistriser, facewash, moisturiser for your face. Hairbrush, leave in conditioner, hairdryer, straightener, make up and perfume.

Where a lot of men would be happy with showergel and deoderant.

True.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85HT4Om6JT4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

Are you one of the many people reading this thread just because it involves the words "women" and "showering"?

If so, good evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I used to shower in the gym but now that I walk to/from my new gym (about 15 mins away) I shower when I get home as I prefer to wear my gym gear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

I shower at home, way easier plus sports bras are a b!tch to take off when you're trying not to flash the rest of the changing room!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Jake Rugby Walrus666

I think it's a sign that you haven't really trained. That you're happy to walk out around people. Sit in your car for a while etc. If you were pumping sweat then you wouldn't do that. You would have at least a quick shower before leaving, even if you intended to wash when you went home.

I'm not drawing any correlation between women and pretend training for psychological purposes. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I never realised AH had so many healthy gym attending people...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭Kevin Duffy

newbee22 wrote: »
    I shower at home, way easier plus sports bras are a b!tch to take off when you're trying not to flash the rest of the changing room!

Tell me about it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Saaron

I think it's a sign that you haven't really trained. That you're happy to walk out around people. Sit in your car for a while etc. If you were pumping sweat then you wouldn't do that. You would have at least a quick shower before leaving, even if you intended to wash when you went home.

I'm not drawing any correlation between women and pretend training for psychological purposes. ;)

That's a bit stupid, if people are going home to shower then that's their choice. Not showering does not mean you haven't worked out properly!

Only time I would personally shower is when I'd work out before heading to college and obviously wouldn't want to stink but now that I work out in the middle of the day and am able to walk home It makes more sense to shower at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Also is it not time we got over all this nonsense of womens changing rooms and mens changing rooms with the invention of the gays and whatnot, can we not just make unisex changing rooms?

I would predict a large rise in male membership at gyms, shortly followed by a massive plummet in the female membership, until the situation returned to normal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement