Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many women shower after the gym?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

What if you live seven miles away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I think it's a sign that you haven't really trained. That you're happy to walk out around people. Sit in your car for a while etc. If you were pumping sweat then you wouldn't do that. You would have at least a quick shower before leaving, even if you intended to wash when you went home.

Well that's rubbish cos I always shower at home after football, takes 10 mins in a car to get back after the game and believe me I am covered in sweat. At least when I'm at home I am in my nice power shower and I don't have to worry about who may or may not haved pissed in the shower.......at home I know who has pissed in it ;) :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Hate showering in the gym, therefore I don't! It's only a few minutes from my house so I'd rather do it comfort instead of sweating bullets after a shower in a gym changing room and putting your clothes back on. That's worse than waiting 'til you get home IMO*.

*I still don't think there's anything wrong with it though. Just not for me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭cassid

Always shower after a workshop, am like sweaty betty after a work out so have to- have the baby in a drop in centre so have limited time and work out like a mad woman- not a pretty sight. Have private showers in my gym with hairdryers, so once managed to get the feckin sports bra off me, am grand. It's very easy to protect your feet with flip flops! De hubby goes to gym after his work and comes straight home and he's not allowed into the bed unless he showers:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

I think it's a sign that you haven't really trained. That you're happy to walk out around people. Sit in your car for a while etc. If you were pumping sweat then you wouldn't do that. You would have at least a quick shower before leaving, even if you intended to wash when you went home.

I'm not drawing any correlation between women and pretend training for psychological purposes. ;)

For me it all depended on the gym I was going to and if i needed to do anything afterwards.

I used to predominantly train in a gym close to my gaff, so would just use the walk home as a cool down and shower at home. If i needed to go into a shop to grab anything on the way i would always shower...didn't want to be walking around folk smelling of sweat and lifting chalk.

Regarding the last point...most people in a gym, male or female, don't really train hard in my experience. You'll have a small group of people doing it right in any commercial gym but the vast majority are just under the impression they are working hard because they are not sitting on the couch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

I'm not drawing any correlation between women and pretend training for psychological purposes. ;)
    Think it away - doesn't mean you're right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

I swim after the gym thing so I would shower after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

newbee22 wrote: »
    I shower at home, way easier plus sports bras are a b!tch to take off when you're trying not to flash the rest of the changing room!
    Yep. Pinnnnnnng! /black eye

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Giselle wrote: »
    I think the hefty auld wans are great for having a go and getting stuck in.
    Oh me too, fair play to them. I wouldn't knock their effort at all. It's just more motivational, I suppose, to work out around hot girls.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

WindSock wrote: »
    I hate when people do this!

You're one of the ones that make the water sweaty with your sweat juices:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

later10 wrote: »

Prob has a great big piss in there too.....I mean 'When in Rome' and all that.... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭marketty

Please say you shower before that too?

Walking home for a shower is fine because you're still exercising (kinda) although I'd be freezing if stil in my gym gear.
    If you can sit into your car and not feel cold/damp/stinkin then you are not trying hard enough.

Its much easier to head home than to drag your feckin shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, moisturiser, hair brush, hair dryer and clean clothes with you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭lestat21

phoenix833 wrote: »
    In the gym I go to hardly any women use the shower when they're finished. They just get off the treadmill or whatever and head straight out the door.

I rarely see any men do the same. Are women more embarrassed walking around a changing room with little or no clothes on?

Because one thing's for sure plenty of men don't mind walking around bollock naked.

Someone has prob pointed this out already... but how do you know women dont use the shower and at the same time you rarely see men doing the same?? You're hardly walking round the locker rooms of both sexes!!

Women might be more modest in the locker room but I always shower at the gym. I dont know any woman who doesnt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Have my shower back at the house. Variety of reasons.

I prefer to have my shower in comfort of my own lovely (and very clean) bathroom with my own lovely shower gels, moisturizers, clean bath mats and warm fluffy towels, than in some gym environment where God knows what goes on in the showers.

Am very, very short sighed. When I am without my glasses in unfamiliar bathrooms and shower environments, I am always very nervous that I'll slip or fall on something I didn't see and break my neck.

Communal showers are often very hot and humid environments. Sure, by the time you have toweled yourself dry and gotten dressed, you are in need of a shower again.

Couldn't be arsed packing and repacking gym bags full of towels, cosmetics, clothes, hair dryers etc etc.

Am lucky. I live a 5 minute walk from my gym, so not showering there is not a problem. Obviously if I had to go on somewhere immediately after wards, or was riding public transport home I'd shower at the gym.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

You sweat in the water anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭phoenix833

lestat21 wrote: »
    phoenix833 wrote: »
    In the gym I go to hardly any women use the shower when they're finished. They just get off the treadmill or whatever and head straight out the door.

I rarely see any men do the same. Are women more embarrassed walking around a changing room with little or no clothes on?

Because one thing's for sure plenty of men don't mind walking around bollock naked.

Someone has prob pointed this out already... but how do you know women dont use the shower and at the same time you rarely see men doing the same?? You're hardly walking round the locker rooms of both sexes!!

Women might be more modest in the locker room but I always shower at the gym. I dont know any woman who doesnt.

Well I'm not going to get into the exact layout of my gym but basically when somebody leaves the gym floor you can see them leave the changing rooms. Or when the classes are finished some women walk straight out. And that includes spinning classes which, in my experience, make anybody sweat buckets.

Don't get me wrong some men do it too but my observation is that more women do it than men.

Of course some women happen to shower the same as me. If I would've included an option in the poll for "I'm a man I shower/I go home" it'd be interesting to see what the results would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't live far from the gym I go to so I shower at home, for the simple fact that it's a better shower. I shower at the gym if I'm going somewhere right after, like to college or whatever.

marketty wrote: »

I do rinse under the showers that are beside the pool before I get in cannonball in.

/ledgebag

Does anyone else pee in the pool to see if that blue dye thing is a myth too?

Myth busted in my pool anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

marketty wrote: »

Walking home for a shower is fine because you're still exercising (kinda) although I'd be freezing if stil in my gym gear.
    If you can sit into your car and not feel cold/damp/stinkin then you are not trying hard enough.

I can't even remember the last time i was in a swimming pool that didn't have one of those shower stops between the changing room and the pool.

Besides, as someone else pointed out you sweat in the water anyways.

To be honest, ever since sitting through lectures on the requirements for water filtration systems for swimming pools and how the vast majority of places fail to meet them i haven't used a public swimming pool since. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

I used to work in leisure facilities and there was as much cleaning in womens showers as mens so i reckon plenty use them, maybe your only seeing the ones leave who are in a hurry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I'd say most men in my gym shower before leaving, but I always see women walking out the door in their gym gear. More to do with the female cleaning ritual though i'd imagine, which can't be performed at the gym. :)

I was always driving to the gym, packed that in about a year ago and now run the mile and a half there, workout and then run home. So I don't bother with the mens showers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

I personally don't consider it a problem leaving the gym a little sweaty as it didn't seem to offend anyone when I was in the process of doing so. But then again, I'm not a woman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Kadent

I work on campus so I go straight to work after gym (on campus) and shower when I'm done..(or wait til I get home if I'm extra tired)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭Johnny Foreigner

Ghandee wrote: »
    Women walking around Bollock naked would not a pretty site make!

Sight (not site).

Workout sweat doesn't stink as much as TERROR! sweat anyways.

Or so I have read.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭tiny_penguin

Always shower at the gym, but contrary to what a lot of other women are saying the showers at my gym are 10 times nicer than my shower at home. So occasionally the promise of a really nice shower is motivation enough to get me to work out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

newbee22 wrote: »
    you're trying not to flash the rest of the changing room!

This is something I don't get! The changing rooms are usually same-sex so who cares if someone sees you naked? We're all the same! I always have a little laugh at girls trying to change awkwardly behind towels. It usually takes 10 times longer.

awaits AH replies..

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭The Master.

My girlfriend came back from the swimming once and her hair was still dripping wet and sh said she legged it from the changing room as 2 east european girls were doing high kicks into each others faces. First thing i wanted to know was why she didnt film it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭flanum

am i the only one that likes freshly (or even slightly not so freshly) sweated women?

Lia_lia wrote: »
    This is something I don't get! The changing rooms are usually same-sex so who cares if someone sees you naked? We're all the same! I always have a little laugh at girls trying to change awkwardly behind towels. It usually takes 10 times longer.

awaits AH replies..

They are probably changing behind towels because you are looking at them and laughing...

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dave3004

Didn't know there were so many gym bunnies back in Ireland.

Last time I checked, everyone was fat & fugly…….Shower or no shower !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

Dont usually shower after the gym because I run/walk there and back as a warm up/down, then hop in the shower when I get home. My own showers more relaxing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Dudess wrote: »
    I go straight home for my shower - gym is less than 10 minutes' drive away. I dunno... in my case it's not the naked thing so much as the preference of my own shower and comforts.

Damn...my one chance to see you naked gone. I guess there's no point hanging around that gym anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭k.p.h

My girlfriend showers at the gym but she says it's pretty horrible. She says their is always a load of gawpy fat bitches sitting their staring and not even trying to hide the fact that they are. Also apparently the women's changing rooms in gyms and public places tend to be a lot more unhygienic than the men's changing rooms. I didn't initially believe this myself but after chatting to few women they confirm this. I always find the men's changing rooms to be grand, maybe a bit of a pong if someone is just after laying a fresh one but other than that they are usually grand. Lads usually tend to give the sink a rinse after a shave etc. Apparently the women's showers tend to be clogged with hair and possibly other excrement etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Confab wrote: »
    If you stop lurking in the women's showers they will.

he probably uses hidden cameras in the womens locker room

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

k.p.h wrote: »
    My girlfriend showers at the gym but she says it's pretty horrible. She says their is always a load of gawpy fat bitches sitting their staring and not even trying to hide the fact that they are. Also apparently the women's changing rooms in gyms and public places tend to be a lot more unhygienic than the men's changing rooms. I didn't initially believe this myself but after chatting to few women they confirm this. I always find the men's changing rooms to be grand, maybe a bit of a pong if someone is just after laying a fresh one but other than that they are usually grand. Lads usually tend to give the sink a rinse after a shave etc. Apparently the women's showers tend to be clogged with hair and possibly other excrement etc

yep...women are dirty biatches.....I used to do bar work years ago and always hated having to clean the ladies afterwards...
    The gents? no bother at all...the womens...fúckin dirty slags....bog roll thrown everywhere..in the sink where they was cleaning their face, tampons blocking the loos or jsut dumped in the floor, etc etc...
    And it wasn't some scumbag pub I worked in...I worked in 2x 4 star hotels and 2-3 high class pubs and each of them were all as bad as each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I have no issues about getting undressed in the gym changing rooms. However, I prefer to shower at home, because the showers are generally mank (dirty, full of hair etc etc). I KNOW how clean my bathroom is and who has been using it, so it is more comfortable for me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

flanum wrote: »
    am i the only one that likes freshly (or even slightly not so freshly) sweated women?

Two words: Kim Clijsters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Always shower at the gym, but contrary to what a lot of other women are saying the showers at my gym are 10 times nicer than my shower at home. So occasionally the promise of a really nice shower is motivation enough to get me to work out!

saves on water rates too and cleaning your own shower!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I shower when I get home.
    It's way, way too much hassle to bring shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, body lotion, etc to the gym every time. Also, as I wear contacts, I prefer taking them out before getting in the shower, so more kit to bring along.

And as another poster mentioned, I don't really like using showers after I don't know how many strangers used them before me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

My gym is only 5 minutes away from my house so yeah, walk straight out and off home to have a relaxed shower in peace....where I sing to myself...badly.

:pac:

As for not sweating enough, it does be dripping off of me but I'll still walk straight out. I do be in a proper state but I don't give a rats ass. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

They are probably changing behind towels because you are looking at them and laughing...

Definitely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

90% of the women in my gym do not wipe down machines after they use them. Most of the fells in there wipe them down.

This really annoys me and its pretty disgusting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 fuglywugly

I always shower before leaving, i once seen a couple of girls in the changing room drying their arm pits under the hand dryer and then putting on deodorant before leaving:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭woodchopper

NickDrake wrote: »
    90% of the women in my gym do not wipe down machines after they use them. Most of the fells in there wipe them down.

This really annoys me and its pretty disgusting

Go outside and run or even better go for a cycle, then you wont have to worry about sweaty ladies not cleaning the cardo machines.

Regards
    Woodchopper

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

I shower when I get home. It's less bother imo, I have less things to carry around with me/forget/lose. The effort of lugging in shampoo, conditioner, bodywash, loofa, towels, a change of clothes and shoes etc is pointless because I'd be home in 5 minutes anyway.

Also I'd much rather use my own shower as I know it's clean and who's been in there before me and all my stuff is right there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

I believe all women shower together after their gym sessions.
    They also help wash each other and use way too much shower gel on their bodies so there is suds everywhere.
    You can't make me believe anything else, any woman denying this is just trying to mess with men.

Advertisement