Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How you came to own your pet?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

And now the cats!

Lily: Had just moved out of home, into my new apartment, and a girl from work told me her mechanic boyfriend had found a tiny kitten underneath the engine, in a car that had come all the way from Bray to Balbriggan. The guys all heard the miaowing initially, and searched for a short while, finding nothing and gave up, saying it must have run away. This girl's boyfriend wouldn't give up and eventually found a tiny squeaky kitten hidden in a corner, covered in oil and slime. She couldn't take the kitten herself but she knew I'd take her! :) Sweetest cat I have ever known and I love her to bits.

This is her about two weeks after we got her:

C10485A829784B9BA6CB056800133C7E-640.jpg

All grown up:

7EF22572CC9B4DD1828E195D472C812D-500.jpg

Riggs: Decided that Lily also needed a buddy and found this fella on Boards, from a very nice couple in Maynooth who said he needed more company. He's a big stocky cat who loves nothing more than to cuddle up on your chest and dribble all over you!

This was taken shortly after we got him, he was 7 months;

9E63124E83E246C4B207CE6AA646C93F-500.jpg

All grown up and a LOT hairier:

1524C3C910F2469885B30E187101C7F1-0000317259-0002316006-00500L-3E94D2C04E794A4D9F79C1E5A02AE0B6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Alicat wrote: »
    4E3DA597CBAC4341890572FE94C1933C-0000317259-0002545229-00640L-C7E60C05E67E44B3A7DE5C1DFEC68659.jpg

I think that very photo is the definition of lunatic! :D Look at that tongue! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Zapperzy wrote: »
    I think that very photo is the definition of lunatic! :D Look at that tongue! :eek:

I know! :pac: That tongue will find your face from five yards away! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭callmekenneth

@ alicat, great story well done! i was waiting for the inevitable front paw slap to come from layla at the lab

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Crazyivan 1979

I got Ben (lab rottie x) from the DSPCA 4 yrs ago. They told me that he was hit by a car at 2 mths old and was found at the side of the road with no collar or chip. He then spent 2 mths geting his leg fixed up, and we saw him in the re-homing section when he was 4 mths old, we just fell in love with him. He was the quietest of all the dogs we saw and just looked like he needed somone to love him.

So we put our name down, had the home visit, then herself picked him up, a couple of weeks later. now 4 yrs later he is still our little puppy!!

0utw9l.jpg

at 5 mths old

FFtUVl.jpg

this about a year ago, cut his paw on some glass, some idiot had smashed a beer bottle of the road!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Super cute stories - have read them all day. My own Holly passed away a few months ago - house still seems empty, but I'd say I'll get dog when I get my own house.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭candle_wax

I got my cat (that lives at my family home) about four and a half years ago. I was down visiting my grandparents on their farm - they've always had about 15/20 cats (all wild and unsociable farm cats). I was wandering in the big meadowy garden and found five teeny ginger kittens drinking from a saucer of water. My heart actually started bleeding - I had to have one! Convinced my mother, and we brought Lily home :D
    She was terrified for about two days having barely been around anyone before, but she changed her tune pretty quick! Definitely made for outdoor life though

And about three months after we took Lily all the other cats had to be put down - generations of inter-breeding meant they weren't the healthiest and some serious illness started to break out. It made me so sad, but delighted we got Lily in time!

She's since been in the wars, including:
    - bursting her eyeball (?!) and having to get one eye removed
    - disappearing for three weeks, and reappearing in the shed with two inches missing off her tail, and the rest of it infected...

We now have a beautiful one-eyed, tail-less ginger ball of love!

Advertisement