Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Fionn Fun tournament, register here

Options
  • 08-01-2012 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

Fionn's fun tournament

Hi guys i decided i wanted to start a little tournament for our clan members only.
    So here it is.
    Rules for the tournament are as follows ;

You can bring a

tier 7 or 8 heavy
    or Tier 8 medium

Tournament map is Sand River only and a 10 min limit in a training room.

No gold ammo

for a win you get 2 points
    In case of a draw you get 1 point

i trust everyone so "say so" by both players on result is all thats needed. in the result of a dispute the battle will be refaught with me as a ref.

I want to fill 4 tables with 6 players in each.
    Each player in the tournament will have to fight the other 5 in his group with the group being decided on points recieved.

Top 2 at end of the group stage goes through.

When you register below please put the following only;

EG,

Fionn Mc Coule
    number 21
    The tank you are using: Lowe

you need to pick a number, this will be for the position you get in the group stage.

The positions in the groups is only know by 1 other person, i will take the 24th place and last number picked. The other person who has copy of group stages is not taking part. 1st 23 to apply get in and as they pick a number the outside ref places them into the corrisponding group. Any problems will be sorted out by inpartial outside referee. Referee will be anounced at start of tourney.

PLEASE no discussion in here, if you have a question contact me on ts please.

Pick a number between 1 and 24, and check post above you to see what numbers are already picked

If we get over 24 we will run a 2nd tourney with winner of 1 taking on winner of another.

group 1

24 Wuuzii Tiger 2
    ?
    6 Ptegan Lowe
    21 Nemi T59
    13 Paddygolightly T32
    5 Dave_Lister T44

group 2

?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    11 Rouge Dotc Tiger 2
    3 Aenaes Tiger 2

group 3

?
    10 Mattrulz12 T59
    2 Nutboy Perishing
    ?
    7 Fragit T44
    ?

group 4

8 DestroyedInSeconds IS3
    23 Phil3995 T59
    ?
    14 Fionn Mc Coule Tiger 2
    1 Dublin Gunner Tiger 2
    17 Lostirishguy T59

Q Final - best of 3

A win 1 V runner up 4
    B win 2 V runner up 3
    C win 3 V runner up 2
    D win 4 V runner up 1

S Final - best of 3

A v C
    B v D

3rd/4th playoff - best of 3

Final - best of 5

Prize; Bragging rights in the clan, lol, top dog and a bit of craic

Numbers taken so far are in red:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner
    number 1
    The tank you are using: Tiger II

(just a quick idea, the numbers shoudl be concurrent - i.e my post (post 2 on thread ) = 1, post 3 on thread = 2 and so on)

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Destroyed

DestroyedInSeconds
    number 8
    Tank you are using: IS3

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭[DF]Lenny

Paddy
    number 13
    The tank you are using: T32

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 A1Nutboy

Nutboy
    Number 2
    Pershing

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭WuuZii

WuuZii
    Tiger II

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

rogue_dotC
    Tiger II
    anywhere, i dont mind or care(your choice)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 dave_lister

i'll pick 5

Tank = T44

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mattrulz12

type 59

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭phil3995

phil3995
    Type59

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Fionn Mc Coule

fionn

number 14

tiger 11

• Advertisement

Dodgy draw :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

Aenaes.
    Number 3
    Tiger II

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Nem_e

Nemi_
    Number - 21
    Type 59

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

fragit
    number 7
    t44 or tiger 2

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭mercenary2

as i pointed out to bruffio bragging wrights in one on one battles could lead to some ppl getting pissed off and possibly leaving clan i would soner see teams of 4 with names being pulled from a hat or something like that as it would not lead to bragging over indivduals as it is a team and any mistake from one could lead to the defeat without one person getting bracked over..

so in summery i wont take part

dont get me wrong a team comp would be a very good idea.

mercenary2 wrote: »
    as i pointed out to bruffio bragging wrights in one on one battles could lead to some ppl getting pissed off and possibly leaving clan i would soner see teams of 4 with names being pulled from a hat or something like that as it would not lead to bragging over indivduals as it is a team and any mistake from one could lead to the defeat without one person getting bracked over..

It's only a bit of craic. As you well know from TS, if someone is that sensitive to a bit of slagging (that may or may not occur!) they're probably in the wrong clan tbh!

it is still based on one player taking braging wrights over another ,not a good idea as not all will take to kindly to this ,that is why i say a team tourny would be better. then the braging is not aimed at one player and will be seen as a bit of craic

we all know a bit of craic can go to far when aimed at one indivdual..

• Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭ZZR1100

people wouldnt enter it if they were going to be pissed at losing a 1 on 1 battle. these battles ( from playing 1 on 1 on ESL) can go anyway depending on getting a clean shot at the correct tme or missiing a shot for that matter.

on a side note though the maps were resricted on the ESL 1vs1 and i think sand river witout any map restriction might be too big for a 10 min battle. perhaps restrict it to the left or right of the cliff

Last night I had suggested this:

187975.jpg

mercenary2 wrote: »

When i put this together i done it for 1 reason, a bit of craic, as far as 1 person slagging another that happens every night in platoons and i dont think anyone is that nasty in the clan to go overboard, im not sure what you mean as everyone must fight the other 5 players in his group each battle will give you points depending on win lose or draw. so its not just 1 v 1, its a clan tournament same as a singles pool tournament in your local pub.
    We intend to run a team tournament after the singles one, the six members of each group that fought against each other will form a 6 man team to compete against the other 3 group teams

• Advertisement

When i put this together i done it for 1 reason, a bit of craic, as far as 1 person slagging another that happens every night in platoons and i dont think anyone is that nasty in the clan to go overboard, im not sure what you mean as everyone must fight the other 5 players in his group each battle will give you points depending on win lose or draw. so its not just 1 v 1, its a clan tournament same as a singles pool tournament in your local pub.
    We intend to run a team tournament after the singles one, the six members of each group that fought against each other will form a 6 man team to compete against the other 3 group teams

Ah yeah, we [you lol] can arrange all sorts of little inter-clan tourny's over time.

I probably won't even get out of my group ffs lol

How about, arty onlly 4v4 tourny? Tier 1 tourny? lol Lots of possibilities, and this is a good start.

Yeah its a great start & already was generating some healthy slagging off on TS , i fully expect to get my ass kicked and get reminded of it often :)

as fionn says the 4 man team / different tiers etc could keep it fresh for a long time yet

as you said a bit of slaging when we platoon ,shells hitting from all sides not one v one ,and things got nasty before in the clan......over words said so yes a 4v4 team tourny keeps it cleaner

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Ponster
    number 6

Fionn's fun tournament

Hi guys i decided i wanted to start a little tournament for our clan members only.
    So here it is.
    Rules for the tournament are as follows ;

You can bring a

tier 7 or 8 heavy
    or Tier 8 medium

Tournament map is Sand River only and a 10 min limit in a training room.

No gold ammo

for a win you get 2 points
    In case of a draw you get 1 point

i trust everyone so "say so" by both players on result is all thats needed. in the result of a dispute the battle will be refaught with me as a ref.

I want to fill 4 tables with 6 players in each.
    Each player in the tournament will have to fight the other 5 in his group with the group being decided on points recieved.

Top 2 at end of the group stage goes through.

When you register below please put the following only;

EG,

Fionn Mc Coule
    number 21

you need to pick a number, this will be for the position you get in the group stage.

The positions in the groups is only know by 1 other person, i will take the 24th place and last number picked. The other person who has copy of group stages is not taking part. 1st 23 to apply get in and as they pick a number the outside ref places them into the corrisponding group. Any problems will be sorted out by inpartial outside referee. Referee will be anounced at start of tourney.

PLEASE no discussion in here, if you have a question contact me on ts please.

Pick a number between 1 and 24, and check post above you to see what numbers are already picked

If we get over 24 we will run a 2nd tourney with winner of 1 taking on winner of another.

group 1

24 Wuuzii Tiger 2
    ?
    6 Ptegan Lowe
    21 Nemi T59
    13 Paddygolightly T32
    5 Dave_Lister T44

group 2

?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    11 Rouge Dotc Tiger 2
    3 Aenaes Tiger 2

group 3

?
    10 Mattrulz12 T59
    2 Nutboy Perishing
    ?
    7 Fragit T44
    ?

group 4

8 DestroyedInSeconds IS3
    23 Phil3995 T59
    ?
    14 Fionn Mc Coule Tiger 2
    1 Dublin Gunner Tiger 2
    17 Lostirishguy T59

Q Final - best of 3

A win 1 V runner up 4
    B win 2 V runner up 3
    C win 3 V runner up 2
    D win 4 V runner up 1

S Final - best of 3

A v C
    B v D

3rd/4th playoff - best of 3

Final - best of 5

Prize; Bragging rights in the clan, lol, top dog and a bit of craic

Numbers taken so far are in red:
    1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

wtf?? this is the OP again...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Yep, but with the latest update so people who click on the link to get the latest post don't have to go back to page 1 to see what it's all about?

I guess :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

I'l take number 17 and a Type 59 / poss an is 3 if I manage to get it

Whens it on ? I can only play mon -thurs :/

wtf?? this is the OP again...

I had to as i cannot edit first post anymore, it only allows to edit a small amount of time, bit stupid really but :rolleyes:
    Ponster wrote: »
    Yep, but with the latest update so people who click on the link to get the latest post don't have to go back to page 1 to see what it's all about?

I guess :)

Yes but mainly for reason above, again :rolleyes:
    I'l take number 17 and a Type 59 / poss an is 3 if I manage to get it

Whens it on ? I can only play mon -thurs :/

Ill take your first, the 1 you name is the only 1 u can use , u cant swap tanks in tourney.

• Advertisement

where is bruffio in this draw? Fionn is in,cmon no exclusions

Advertisement