Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

milk based, non toixc, zero voc paint.

• 08-01-2012 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone tried this type of paint before. Its supposedly very good for asthma sufferers and if you've young uns in the house.
    http://www.circlepaints.com/Household-Paints.html The milk paint info is at the bottom of the page in the link.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,576 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

any help appreciated!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I bought the new waterbased gloss paint instead of the oil based stuff.
    It takes a bit of getting used to compared to oil based gloss but you can get a nice finish with practice.
    Woodies have own brand stuff that dries very fast and isn't expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭deandean

House i moved into had milk based paint from the 1950s. A painter i had in recognised it. Horrible stuff, rub it hard and it comes off as powder. Nothing sticks to it, even pva came off as a sheet!
    Solvents 'n stuff are released only as the paint is curing.
    Suggest you employ a decorator and at the same time book a cruise in the med ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

Just finished painting my house in November using organic paint. The doors and skirting with PolyWhey. Very pleased with the result. I'm sure if you GOOGLE .........

Advertisement