Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sole F85 Treadmill

• 08-01-2012 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

i am thinking of buying one of these and was looking for any feedback.
    would i be able to put it upstairs in a newbuild 3 bed semi?
    any info is appreciated,
    thanks cube

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

Hi
    I'd be wary of putting any treadmill upstairs in a new build,depending on your joists of course.I'd imagine you'd need to be looking at 9x2 joists at least to take the pounding.Youre taking the risk of cracking the ceiling plaster underneath,and dont forget that its noisy too if anyones trying to sleep(neighbours included).
    Just an opinion,aint no expert.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 5 thecube

thanks jonny, the noise is no problem, i dont know what size the joists are but i was puting the treadmill against where the chimney breast is. i was thinking of puting a rip of plyboard under the treadmill to bridge the joists as i know the they are held on with some sort of bracket. i dont know how the bracket is atached to the breast and how strong it is, any help on this would be great.
    thanks, cube.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭jonny99

Im sure youve valid reasons for not leaving it downstairs.However,unless its a hollowcore floor,which, in a semi, i sincerely doubt,lets assume youre talking about timber joists.
    So:
    • Youre not sure what size(therefore what strength) they are
    • You dont know for sure how(or even if) theyre bracketed to the chimneybreast
    • The house is a new build and probably still has some settling to do
    You're not gonna come down through the ceiling,but what i'm saying is, will you be staring at the kitchen/living room ceiling
    6 months from now and wondering if that crack up there is getting worse/appearing cos my treadmill's upstairs/as a result of settlement/a cause for worry/gonna be costly/gonna crack shortly..

I suppose the other variable is the span to the nearest supporting wall,it wouldnt want to be more than 3 or 4 metres
    And are you sure that noise wont be an issue, cos if someone's gonna be watching tv downstairs, it'll be an issue especially if its sitting on a sheet of ply..
    So in short,leave it downstairs.
    HTH:o

Advertisement