Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Generator Hostel, Berlin.

Options
  • 09-01-2012 12:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

Anyone stayed there recently? Recommended? Looking for safe, cheap accomm close to Alex Platz/Mitte area - wifi, brekkie included if poss.

Any alternatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

If it's anything like its sister hostel in London (also called Generator Hostel) stay away. Well away. The London one is awful. Attracts the rowdier crowd, paper walls, metal creaky beds, and breakfast was shìte. Then again though, the Berlin one could be amazing, so wait for someone else's response I suppose. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭ASBO

Hi,

Stayed in private room with herself last Summer for 3 nights in the middle of an interrail.

Rooms are compact, clean and in fairness fairly quiet (small bit of rowdyness through the corridors in the night but heh it's a hostel!), can't comment on dorms.

Location is approx 15mins from Alexander Platz (about 7/8 tram stops).

Can't be sure on wifi, recall a number of people on their laptops around the place, but there is definitely payable internet services available.

Vibe there was brilliant, really cheap booze, bar in the hostel was busy on weekend nights.

Breakfest is included but is pants. Bread ham cheese cereal coffee juice. Theme of hostel is industrial so felt like being in a canteen for a disgruntled workforce.

Walking tour picks up from the hostel which is a must, there's a pub crawl organised from there also.

I'd recommend it as we got it for a really cheap rate, so was great value for us.

This hostel was also recommended to us but was booked out:

http://www.eastseven.de/

ASBO

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Stayed here for a stag last year and it was great. Didn't find it noisy at all. Before people say we were the noisy ones we were actually a fairly tame group and were out and about pretty much the whole time we were there.
    Its a HUGE hostel with around 15 floors. Breakfast was free but it was fairly crap, still kept us going till lunchtime though. We did an organized pub crawl which the hostel runs and really enjoyed it. There was free wi-fi as far as I remember. There was a machine in the lobby which printed out wi-fi passwords which gave you access for an hour.
    I've stayed in a lot of hostels across Europe and I would say it is probably a little above average?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,358 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

we stayed there for new years about 2 years ago, its right next to a subway station so thats a plus and you can be in central berlin/airport in a few minutes by train, its got a bar which has good deals on drinks at certain hours of the day

private rooms are small but fine and the ensuite bathrooms are about the size you would see in planes/trains, breakfast is free and is as good as you would expect in a hostel, its a very very large building so you can expect some noise at night

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I stayed in Plus Berlin in November. Its reasonably close to Alexanderplatz and is a great spot. Looked newly done up when I was there. Breakfast €4 if I remember rightly

• Advertisement
Advertisement