Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

you pick my course for me!!!!

Options
  • 09-01-2012 12:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

Hello Folks,

CAO application deadline looms! Totally undecided and it has me gone mad. So feic it, the good people of boards can go ahead and throw some suggestions out.

Thanks all!:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

Well to start, what kind of interests and hobbies do you have? Have you had any goals or ambitions that you wanted to achieve while growing up? To be honest at the end of the day you are going to have to decide for yourself, nobody can really tell what to do with your life.

Good luck with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 813 ✭✭✭wiger toods

hey! well i had planned on doing psychology. Im doing it now, although that is only a taster course really. I wouldnt be too sure if it is for me to be honest at the end of the day. So i had been thinking of podiatry, physical Ed with english, earth and ocean sciences, so i suppose having thought psych would have been for me i am a bit unsure now as to what i actually want to do. I was interested to see as to what the good people of boards would throw up for the craic.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

hey! well i had planned on doing psychology. Im doing it now, although that is only a taster course really. I wouldnt be too sure if it is for me to be honest at the end of the day. So i had been thinking of podiatry, physical Ed with english, earth and ocean sciences, so i suppose having thought psych would have been for me i am a bit unsure now as to what i actually want to do. I was interested to see as to what the good people of boards would throw up for the craic.:)

If you are serious about applying to third level then maybe look into getting an appointment with some form of education and career guidance provider. The IGC has /had a list of private providers on their website: http://www.igc.ie/

or you could get in touch with one of the AEGI services via the AEGAI website: http://www.aegai.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Do a search on the colleges that run the courses you are interested in. Have a look at the prospectus and see if the subjects covered interest you. It's probably too late to go to Open Days of the colleges (most are held around November).

You could post a thread in the relevant college here on boards to see if you could get an idea from students currently on the course and get a feel for what its like.

You'll be attending a course for 3 or 4 years and although its difficult to 100% know if the course right for you, its important that you have some idea what you are letting yourself in for. Also, your knowledge of the course will be important for your application and when/if you get an interview for the course.

Advertisement