Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Psycho & Bonfire of the Vanities

Options
  • 09-01-2012 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, I read Bonfire a while ago and I am currently reading American Psycho. I am on the Pastels "chapter" and I was wondering if Bret Easton Ellis made a reference to Bonfire there. Bateman and his friends are talking about someone and they mention that "He knew Mc Coy." I was wondering if anyone knew was this a reference to Sherman Mc Coy in Bonfire..... just thought it was kinda cool and interesting if he did.... I would love to hear from anyone with any answers or their opinions ....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Not aware of the reference as I never read Bonfire, but if there was a category of what book did you read at the most inappropriate time, I think American Pyshco would be my answer. I brought it on honeymoon and when I finish a book while away I usually leave it behind for someone else, the room we stayed had a book shelf for such a purpose.

I really didn't want to leave this book for some other loved up couple to stumble upon worrying about what kind of individual stayed in the room before them, I think I actually disposed of it.

Advertisement