Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

homemade chips

Options
  • 09-01-2012 12:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

hi guys,just wondering if anybody knows anything about setting up a traditional fish /chip /homemade burger/shop.i own a small farm and tend to grow and chip my own potatoes also kill my own heifers for steak burgers and live near local fish co op ,does anyone think there is a market for this .thanks john 'cork;

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,111 ✭✭✭ResearchWill

blockie wrote: »
    hi guys,just wondering if anybody knows anything about setting up a traditional fish /chip /homemade burger/shop.i own a small farm and tend to grow and chip my own potatoes also kill my own heifers for steak burgers and live near local fish co op ,does anyone think there is a market for this .thanks john 'cork;

If it is quality in a good location I don't see why not. I see you are in Cork, just look at KC's in Douglas a minimum of 10 people waiting at any time and I have regularly seen 30+ waiting, thankfully they get through it fast. Tiny chipper with at least 6 working so you can imagine the turn over they do, but great quality food. I have a mate who is French won't eat any take away except KC's.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭shangri la

There is a huge demand for top quality fast food on the go from people who are about town by themselves and dont want to go into a restaurant by themselves even though they want a hot healthy meal but would rather a ham sandwich from spar over a regular chipper.

Its a niche subway fill to a certain degree.

It is definately a good idea and I hope you give it a go but you will have to find a way to distance yourself in peoples minds from burger king.

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Quahog217

High quality take aways are always busy mate, so if you can find a good location and have the starting capital then i think its a great idea, Best of luck.

Advertisement